It’s a new year and we are all trying to healthier right? Which means eating more veggies! Let me tell you, you won’t feel like you are eating your veggies with today’s recipe. It is so good. I didn’t know I liked carrots so much. In fact my husband hasn’t stopped talking about this salad since I made it.
Roasting a carrot makes them so sweet that you almost feel like you are eating candy. Really!
This salad is a fun combination of colors, flavors and textures.
How to Make Roasted Carrot Salad
- Peel and slice 10-12 carrots. Slice them thinly, about 1/4″ or slightly thinner.
- Combine the carrots with slivered almonds and drizzle with olive oi and add garlic. Salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Layer them on a cookie sheet in as even a layer as you can and bake them at 400 degree oven for about 20-30 minutes. The time may vary depending on how thin or thick you slice your carrots.
- You want to roast them until they are fork tender but not mushy. No mushy carrots!
- Turn them a few times while baking so that the nuts don’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and let the carrots cool off to room temperature.
- Drizzle them with some honey and vinegar. So yummy!!!
- Serve over a layer of arugula and then sprinkle with dried cranberries. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Now go eat your veggies!
Some of our other favorite vegetable dishes include:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Roasted Carrot Salad Recipe
Roasted Carrot Salad
- 10-12 carrots peeled and thinly sliced. About 5 cups
- 1/2 C slivered almonds
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 C olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 C dried cranberries
- 2-4 C arugula
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine carrots, almonds and garlic in a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and stir to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread in single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until carrots are tender, not mushy.
- Remove and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Mix together honey and vinegar and drizzle over cooled carrots.
- Add in cranberries and more salt and pepper to taste.
Adapted from allrecipes.