Ready in 15 minutes and just the right amount of ham for 1-2 people, a glazed ham steak is the perfect way to enjoy ham without eating ham leftovers for days!
Why You Will Love This Recipe!
A glazed ham steak is the perfect way to enjoy ham without having leftover ham for days. It is easy, convenient and is ready in minutes. It is the perfect amount of ham for 1-2 people.
What is a Ham Steak?
A ham steak is a slice of ham from a whole ham. It is can come with a bone in the middle or boneless. You want to make sure the package says, “fully cooked.”
- Ham Steak. Be sure it is fully cooked about 1/3 – 1/2 inch thick. If your ham is thinner, cook for less time.
- Brown Sugar
- Maple Syrup. Can also substitute honey if preferred.
- Mustard. Can use Dijon mustard, plain yellow mustard or a spicy mustard if you prefer.
- Paprika or cayenne pepper for a bit more kick.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. Can also use white vinegar
How to Make a Glazed Ham Steak
- Mix together glaze ingredients – sugar, maple syrup, mustard, paprika, and vinegar.
- Melt butter in a cast iron pan or other heavy frying pan.
- Cook ham for 2-3 minutes on each side or until it begins to brown around the edges.
- Brush ham with glaze and turn over, cook for 2-3 minutes until the glaze becomes thickened and sticky.
- Add glaze to other side of ham and flip over and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Cook until ham is heated through and glaze is caramelized and sticky.
Ways to Use Leftover Ham
- Fried Rice
- Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- Roasted Walnut and Ham Pasta
- Hawaiian Pizza
- Cheesy Potatoes
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will leftover ham last?
Ham is good for 5-7 days in the refrigerator. Keep it in an airtight container in the fridge.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Glazed Ham Steak
Ready in 15 minutes and just the right amount of ham for 2 people, a glazed ham steak is the perfect way to enjoy ham without eating ham leftovers for days!
- 1 – 1.5 lb. ham steak bone in or boneless
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp mustard I use Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp paprika or cayenne pepper
- Mix together glaze ingredients – brown sugar, maple syrup, mustard, vinegar and paprika.
- Melt butter in a frying pan. Add ham steak.
- Brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Brush each side with glaze mixture and cook for 2-3 more minutes per side or until glaze caramelizes and is sticky.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Tips & Notes:
- Be sure it is fully cooked about 1/3 – 1/2 inch thick. If your ham is thinner, cook for less time.
- You can use whatever kind of mustard you prefer. Dijon, yellow, spicy, brown etc.
Calories: 424kcal (21%) Carbohydrates: 13g (4%) Protein: 56g (112%) Fat: 15g (23%) Saturated Fat: 6g (38%) Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 135mg (45%) Sodium: 3664mg (159%) Potassium: 965mg (28%) Fiber: 1g (4%) Sugar: 12g (13%) Vitamin A: 213IU (4%) Vitamin C: 92mg (112%) Calcium: 31mg (3%) Iron: 3mg (17%)* Disclaimer: All nutrition information are estimates only. Read full disclosure here.
Leave a Review