Roasted Walnut and Ham Pasta is easy to make and the perfect solution for leftover ham.
I love a dinner that can come together in minutes but taste like something fancy. This Roasted Walnut and Ham Pasta is one of them. The flavor combination is spot on and it’s got a great texture combination too. The fact that it uses leftovers is an added bonus. In my earlier post for Slow Cooker Ham with Brown Sugar and Maple Syrup. I mentioned I often make a ham just so I can have leftovers. This pasta dish is one of the reasons to make a ham!
This dish would also be yummy with some crisp bacon if you don’t have ham. I used a linguine noodle but feel free to use your favorite form of pasta. The dinner comes together so quickly. Just heat up some olive oil, add garlic, shallots and red pepper flakes and stir. Add in the walnuts and ham and then add in your cooked pasta. Dinner is ready and it is so yummy!
Besides being easy, I love how light and flavorful this ham pasta dish is.
I love me a good red sauce but sometimes I’m in the mood for something a little lighter and quicker. This is it. If you are looking for a good red sauce though, I’ve shared my favorite spaghetti with meat sauce here. I am also a big fan of brown butter and pasta and this Brown Butter Pasta is a copycat recipe from a local restaurant.
Add a green salad and some crunchy bread and you’ve got a perfect quick and easy dinner that the whole family is going to love. A garnish of freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley are all you need.
Check out more of my easy pasta dishes:
My favorite kitchen items I used to make this ROASTED WALNUT AND HAM PASTA:
REDMOND REAL SALT – this is my favorite, daily use salt. It’s unrefined, unprocessed, just the way nature made it!
PASTA POT – perfect for cooking pasta or steaming vegetables
PASTA/SALAD BOWLS – these pretty white bowls work for pasta, salad or soup.
Ham Pasta Recipe
Ham Pasta with Roasted Walnuts
- 1 lb. pasta of choice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup shallots, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups ham, sliced thinly or diced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook to desired doneness. I like mine cooked through but still a little firm. Drain pasta.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add in garlic, shallots and red pepper flake and stir until fragrant, do not allow garlic to brown.
- Add in walnuts and cook until nuts become fragrant and smell toasted.
- Stir in ham pieces and cook until ham is warmed through and begins to brown on the edges.
- Toss in pasta and stir to mix. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Add in additional olive oil if pasta seems dry.