This lemon basil pasta with toasted walnuts is packed with flavor and crunch and the perfect post holiday meal.
I don’t know about you but after cooking and consuming a holiday meal I am ready for something easy and light but I still want lots of amazing flavor. Today’s recipe for Lemon Basil Pasta is just that. It uses chicken but you could even use some leftover turkey if you have it still. If you don’t have any leftover cooked chicken or turkey just cut up a chicken breast or two and cook it in some olive oil with salt and pepper and add to the pasta. Once the pasta is cooked, this dish comes together in minutes.
The amazing flavor of this dish is coming not only from the lemon juice but also from the browned butter and basil. Brown the butter first, just until it starts to turn golden brown, add in the lemon juice, garlic and chicken broth. Add in your pasta, cooked chicken and fresh basil and toss to coat. The crowning glory of this pasta is the toasted walnuts. They add just the right crunch and texture to the dish along with a nice nutty flavor.
Toasting walnuts is easy to do in your oven. Just place them on a baking sheet and put in a 350 degree F oven for about ten minutes or until they begin to lightly brown.
This pasta is going to become a family favorite. You can leave out the meat for a meatless dish. There is plenty of flavor and texture without the chicken.
Add this Lemon Basil Pasta with Toasted Walnuts to the meal plan this week.
Check out more of my easy Pasta recipes:
Lemon Basil Pasta Recipe
Lemon Basil Pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 12 oz. thin spaghetti
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup walnuts toasted
- Cook pasta in boiling water until tender.
- Heat olive oil in pan and add cut up chicken. Cook until cooked through. Add salt and pepper while cooking.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Melt butter in same pan and heat until it begins to turn golden brown.
- Add in lemon juice, zest and chicken broth.
- Return chicken to pan and stir into broth.
- Add in basil, toasted walnuts and red pepper flakes.
- Toss with pasta.
- Garnish with additional basil, Parmesan cheese and additional walnuts if desired.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.