Breakfast Tacos are a great way to eat all of your favorite breakfast foods in one bite! Perfect for a breakfast on the go or a delicious and easy weeknight dinner! Who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner?
Prep Ahead Breakfast Idea
Breakfast tacos make the perfect breakfast or breakfast for dinner. In fact I prefer breakfast for dinner rather than breakfast for breakfast! Our family loves tacos and family taco night is always a big hit. But when we want to change it up, breakfast tacos are what we put on the menu.
Breakfast tacos are also the perfect breakfast to serve when you have a house full of guests. You can prep everything the night before and just pull it all out in the morning, warm it up and let your guests build their own delicious breakfast.
What is a Breakfast Taco?
It is a combination of all your favorite taco toppings and breakfast foods in one place!
- Eggs. We like to use scrambled eggs but if you prefer a fried egg you could also use that. Plan on 1 egg per taco.
- Tortillas. My favorite is corn tortillas but you can also use flour. I like to heat them up and lightly brown them in a frying pan first. You can also heat them in the microwave which will soften them up.
- Black Beans. You can use black beans or refried beans. If you are using canned black beans be sure and drain them first.
- Pico de Gallo. We love fresh pico but you could also used salsa.
- Guacamole. I just used slices of avocado but some fresh homemade guac is also amazing!
- Cheese. Grated cheddar or Monterey Jack will work but I also like to use crumbled queso fresco.
- Meat. Our families favorite is bacon but you could really use any meat you had on hand including leftover pork carnitas, shredded chicken or Mexican beef.
- Potatoes. Leftover cubed up potatoes will work as well as any kind of frozen hashbrown or potato. Cook the hashbrowns first.
- Cilantro or green onion for garnish.
How to Make Breakfast Tacos
- Cook bacon or heat up whatever meat you are using. If using bacon, cook the bacon first and then scramble your eggs in some of the bacon grease – so good!
- Mix your eggs in a bowl, whisking together and add in some salt and pepper.
- Prepare all your toppings by grating the cheese, warming up the beans and potatoes as well as chopping anything that needs to be chopped. If you are making your salsa or guacamole from scratch prep that.
- Scramble your eggs or prepare the eggs to your liking.
- Warm up the tortillas in the microwave or in a frying pan.
- Build your taco with your preferred toppings including cheese, meat, salsa, guacamole etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
One option is to prep all your toppings ahead of time, cook your potatoes, your meat, your beans. Just keep everything in airtight containers in the refrigerator until ready to serve. You can quickly warm everything in the microwave or stove top before serving. You can even cook your eggs ahead if you like.
If you would like to freeze them, make them into a burrito. After assembling your burrito, wrap the entire thing in foil and freeze. They will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
For other delicious taco recipes try these:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
- 1 lb Hash Brown Potatoes cooked
- 1 lb Crumbled Bacon cooked
- 1 cup queso fresco cheese grated or other grated cheese
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Chopped
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 Avocado sliced or guacamole
- 12 flour tortillas can also use corn
- 24 eggs scrambled
- 1 10 oz. black beans drained
- Prepare all ingredients.
Leave a Review