Candy Corn Cupcakes are the easiest and cutest Halloween treat you can make.
Even if you don’t like candy corn, you are going to LOVE these cute candy corn cupcakes. They don’t taste like candy corn, they just look like it. I am a member of Team Candy Corn and think they are just about the cutest candy out there and I also like the way they taste! I have been a collector of candy corn ideas for years and often have friends gift me candy corn inspired things. It’s so fun.
But whether you enjoy candy corn or not, I think we can agree these cupcakes are just darn cute! In addition, they are super easy to make and are the perfect thing to add to any Halloween celebration.
How to Make Candy Corn Cupcakes
All you are going to need is a white cake mix and the ingredients called for on the back and yellow and orange food coloring for the cupcake part.
- Start by lining my muffin tin. I like to use a white cupcake liner because as the cupcake bakes, the liner allows the fun colors to show through.
- Mix together the cake mix according to the directions on the back. Divide batter into two bowls.
- Add in your orange and yellow food color. Food coloring tends to fade as it bakes so I always add it a little more than I think I need.
- Fill each liner halfway with yellow batter and then place in freezer for 10-15 minutes. This will help prevent the orange batter from seeping into the yellow.
- After freezing, add in the orange cake batter.
- Bake cupcakes according to the directions on the back of the box.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool and then frost with white buttercream frosting. I use a decorating bag and tip.
- Add orange and yellow sprinkles.
- Top with a piece of candy corn for the finishing touch.
They are almost too cute to eat but don’t let that stop you. They are the easiest and cutest Halloween treat ever and even non candy corn eaters are going to love them.
But here is the best part…..
Not only does the cupcake look like candy corn from the outside but it looks like candy corn from the inside too!
Does it get any cuter!!! Candy Corn cupcakes are sure to be the hit of any Halloween Party you have to attend this next week!
I am a lover of candy corn and candy corn inspired things. This Candy Corn Quesadilla is so yummy and the kids are going to love it and there is no real candy corn involved, just cheese! Candy Corn Ice Cream Floats are another fun dessert. You won’t be able to stop eat this Candy Corn Kettle Corn.
For more fun Halloween treats check out these:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Candy Corn Cupcake Recipe
Candy Corn Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix
- food coloring yellow and orange
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 lbs. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp whipping cream can also use milk, enough to get frosting the desired consistency.
- Mix together cake mix according to directions on box.
- Divide the batter into two equal parts.
- Add orange food coloring to one and yellow to the other. Stir to combine
- Fill liner half way with yellow batter first, freeze for about 10 minutes.
- Add orange layer and then bake according to directions on box.
- Mix together buttercream frosting and leave white.
- Frost cupcakes.
- Beat butter in mixer on medium high until pale and creamy
- Add in sugar, a cup at a time.
- Beat well after each addition until all sugar is added.
- Add in vanilla
- Beat until buttercream is smooth. Can be refrigerated for several days if needed.
Originally posted July 23, 2009