Add a little flavor to your dinner menu with these delicious Balsamic Strawberry and Chicken Quesadillas!
I am a huge fan of balsamic vinegar. I pour it over everything and I have even been know to eat it straight off the spoon. This strawberry season I have developed a new love for strawberries and balsamic vinegar. I love to cut up a bowl of fresh strawberries, add a sprinkle of sugar and then toss with balsamic vinegar. So good. So I decided to incorporate my new favorite flavor combination into a yummy dinner recipe. Balsamic Strawberry and Chicken Quesadillas.
Couldn’t think of anything better to add to strawberries and balsamic vinegar than some Mozzarella cheese goodness. This quesadilla is a combination of chicken, red onion, cilantro, strawberries, balsamic vinegar andahredded Mozzarella cheese.
Balsamic Chicken Quesadilla
For the quesadilla I layered some chopped up chicken, diced strawberries, chopped red onion and cilantro on a flour tortilla. Then drizzle it with your favorite balsamic vinegar and top with shredded mozzarella and another flour tortilla.
I like to cook my quesadilla in butter. Just melt a tablespoon or a little less of butter in your frying pan and cook the quesadilla on both sides until the cheese is melted.
Just slice it up and you are good to go. The sweetness of the balsamic vinegar and the strawberries with the other ingredients is pretty divine!
Combine that with the red onion, chicken and cilantro and you’ve got one “not your average quesadilla!”
Check out more deliciously cheesy recipes:
Balsamic Strawberries and Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
Balsamic Chicken & Strawberry Quesadilla
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp red onion diced
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 C Mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 C chicken cooked and diced
- 4 strawberries diced small
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Layer on top of one tortilla 1/2 of the chicken, strawberries, bacon, onion and cilantro
- Drizzle with desired amount of balsamic vinegar
- Top with 1/2 of the cheese
- Cover with second tortilla
- Melt 1 Tbsp of butter in frying pan
- Add quesadilla and cook until golden brown and then flip and cook other side until golden brown and cheese is melted.