Turkey Bisque Soup is the perfect solution to leftover turkey. It’s easy, delicious and creamy.
Soup is always a good option for a delicious and easy dinner. Some of our family’s favorite soups include this Sausage Tortellini Soup, Chicken Tortilla Soup and Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup.
Turkey day almost here!! I am excited because I get to spend it with all my kids and grandbabies! Holidays with all of my children have become more and more rare so I plan on enjoying this one as much as I can!
Our menu will contain all of our family favorites. You can find our traditional Thanksgiving menu here.
We are planning on a turkey and a smoked turkey. I’m hoping there will be some leftovers so I can make this Turkey Bisque Soup again!
Don’t worry though if you don’t have any leftovers. This soup is just as delicious made with chicken as with turkey. It has a nice, light cream sauce thanks to a little bit of half and half. If you are dairy free, just leave out the 1/2 and 1/2.
If you are using chicken, you can make your shredded chicken in the Instant Pot, the Crock Pot or the microwave.
The soup has plenty of nice flavor thanks to the carrots, green peppers, onion and parsley.
My husband mentioned that it would be yummy with some noodles added in too, I agree and will try it next time. This recipe was shared with me by a friend. It is a knock off recipe from a local Portland restaurant that is no longer around.
So what’s your favorite thing to do with leftover turkey?
For some other yummy ideas to use leftover turkey with try these:
- Italian Turkey Soup
- Turkey Day Leftover Ideas
- Lemon Turkey Noodle Soup
- Fiesta Turkey Soup
- How to cook the perfect turkey.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Turkey Bisque Recipe
Turkey Bisque Soup
- 2 cups cooked turkey or chicken
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup carrot diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 Tbsp dry parsley
- 4 cups turkey or chicken stock
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbs butter softened
- 4 Tbs flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup half & half
- In a soup pot, heat oil and add onion, green pepper and carrots.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant
- Add chicken and stock to pot and bring to a boil. Boil until carrots are cooked through.
- Mix together flour and butter together to form a roux.
- Add half & half, roux, parsley and Worcestershire sauce to soup.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Serve.
Originally posted November 21, 2013
Leave a Review