Sausage Tortellini soup is full of delicious flavors. Packed with tortellini, sausage, and zucchini, everyone will want the recipe.
Tortellini and Sausage Soup. It is probably the recipe I have had the most requests for. Everytime I have made it someone or multiple someones ask me for the recipe. Yes, it is that good.
Especially on a cold night, this soup will warm you up and fill you up at the same time! It is a great recipe to share with friends and neighbors who are under the weather. They always love it!
I usually use a sweet Italian sausage but a spicy one would be yummy too. In addition to the tortellini it has carrots, tomatoes and zucchini. And you can top it off with some shredded Parmesan cheese.
Check out more of my favorite hearty soup recipes:
Sausage Tortellini Soup Recipe
Delicious soup filled with tortellini, sausage, and zucchini.
- 1 lb. sweet Italian sausage
- 1 cup carrots thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups tomatoes chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 5 cups beef or chicken broth
- 1 - 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 29 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 8 oz. fresh meat or cheese tortellini I use cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Brown sausage, remove from pan and drain.
- Set aside.
- Saute onions and garlic until tender.
- Add water,broth, carrots, tomatoes, basil, oregano, tomato sauce and sausage.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes.
- Skim off any fat and stir in zucchini and tortellini.
- Simmer for an additional 20 minutes or until tortellini and zucchini are tender.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.