Crockpot Beef Ragu is truly the perfect dinner solution. Delicious and easy!
All it has done in the last week or so is rain! I’m talking 10 inches of rain. Weather like this makes me just want to stay home! Putting dinner into my crockpot in the morning and then smelling the goodness coming from it all day screams comfort to me!
Today’s recipe is a beef ragu is the perfect slow cooker recipe for a rainy day like this. Beef Ragu is a sauce of meat cooked with sautéed vegetables. I love to serve it over penne pasta. Then top it with fresh Parmesan cheese and fresh basil! That is comfort food at it’s finest!
I used a chuck roast for the meat and combined it in my crockpot with canned tomatoes, fresh carrots, onions and celery. Adding a spring of rosemary on top of everything as it cooks adds some extra flavor.
Let it cook on low for about 8 hours and then the meat will shred easily. Add some additional salt and pepper if you like. and it is ready to serve.
This delicious and hearty ragu recipe is the perfect dinner solution any night of the week.
Check out these slow cooker recipes you may enjoy:
Beef Ragu Recipe
Crockpot Beef Ragu
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 carrots finely chopped
- 1/2 C celery chopped
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 lb. chuck roast trimmed and cut into 4 inch pieces
- 2 28 oz. cans petit cut tomatoes
- 3 1/2 C beef broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 C whiping cream
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 16 oz. pkg. penne pasta
- 1/3 c finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 spring of fresh rosemary
- Saute onion, carrots and celery in hot oil until tender.
- Add in garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
- Put mixture into 6 qt. slow cooker.
- Add beef, broth, tomatoes, salt, red pepper flakes, whipping cream, and oregano.
- Add sprig of fresh rosemary on top
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- After it is cooked break meat up into smaller pieces. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook pasta according to directions on box.
- Drain and serve with meat sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.