Slow Cooker Spicy Pot Roast is tender and delicious! Just possibly the best pot roast I’ve ever made.
Spicy Beef Roast
After my husband took a couple bites of this he announced, “This is the best pot roast I’ve ever had, don’t tell my mother!”
My husband is a real meat and potatoes kind of guy from Idaho so he grew up eating a lot of roast. This man knows his pot roast. I have to say I pretty much agree with him on his verdict. It was the BEST!
Don’t let the word spicy scare you though. I am not a fan of spicy things and this has just enough kick to make it delicious.
Spicy Pot Roast Recipe Ingredients
- Pot Roast or Chuck Roast
- Chicken Broth
- Soy Sauce
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Chipotle Peppers
- Chili Powder
- Vegetable Oil
- Tapioca for thickening
Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Many of the recipes are shelf stable and things you can keep stocked in the pantry so it’s an easy dinner to put together. The other great thing about this recipe is that it uses the slow cooker! I love a pot roast cooked in a slow cooker.
The slow cooker gets it so tender!!
This pot roast literally fell apart. The rich smokey flavor provided by the chipotle peppers is amazing. If you want some rave reviews from your family feed them this slow cooker southwestern pot roast for dinner tonight!
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes. Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.`
Spicy Pot Roast Recipe
Spicy Pot Roast
- 4-5 lb boneless beef roast cut in two pieces
- 1 onion minced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 Tbs vegetable oil
- 8 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbs Minute Tapioca
- 2 tsp chipotle chiles in adobo sauce canned and minced
- Salt and Pepper
- Sauté onions and garlic in a pan with oil. Add in tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, and oregano, stir, until onions are softened, about 5 minutes; transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir tomatoes, broth, soy sauce, tapioca, and chipotles into slow cooker.
- Season roasts with salt and pepper and nestle into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until beef is tender, 9 to 11 hours on low or 5 to 7 hours on high.
- Slice or shred roasts and serve with sauce.