I love a good pancake and these sour cream pancakes are good pancakes!
I love a good light and fluffy pancake.
I love pancakes for breakfast or for dinner.
No thin, skinny pancakes at our house, unless it is a yellow pancake!
If we are going to have pancakes for breakfast it is usually Sunday morning.
A nice warm, fluffy pancake with butter and covered with real maple syrup – yum!!
I was excited to give Pioneer Women’s Sour Cream Pancakes a try. Named after Marlboro Man’s grandmother this recipe has been served on the ranch for years.
Using 1 cup of sour cream to 7 Tbsp of flour makes for a very light pancake. I used full strength sour cream as I don’t believe in that low fat/non fat stuff!
To make them more authentic you need to cook them up in your cast iron skillet just like they do on the ranch!
We really enjoyed Edna Mae’s pancakes but if you are looking for a not quite so fluffy version or you don’t have any sour cream in the house here is another pancake recipe our family enjoys.
How do you like your pancakes – thick and fluffy or thin?
I am also looking for a good whole wheat or whole grain pancake recipe – do you have one to share?
- 1 C sour cream
- 7 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/ 2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- Warm up your griddle, iron skillet or frying pan at a medium heat
- Get it nice and hot but not smoking
- In a bowl combine sour cream with sifted dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda, & salt).
- In separate bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla together
- Pour egg mixture into sour cream/flour mixture
- Stir gently until all ingredients are mixed well
- Melt about a tablespoon of butter onto griddle
- Using a ladle pour about 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto the pan, making about a 4 inch in diameter pancake
- Cook each side of the pancake for about 1 to 2 minutes, flipping when the edges start to brown and cake begins to bubble
- Remove from heat and stack high, top with a pad of butter and drizzle with lots of maple syrup!
- Makes about 8 pancakes
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!