Sour Cream Pancakes are light and fluffy and taste amazing. They are easy to make and perfect for breakfast or dinner.
Sour Cream Pancakes are a perfect go to breakfast or dinner. You probably have all the ingredients on hand that you need along with about 10 minutes of your time.
How to Make Sour Cream Pancakes
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Brush griddle to medium high heat and brush with butter.
- Use a scoop to put batter into hot griddle. This will help your pancakes be evenly sized.
When To Flip Pancakes
Pancakes are ready to flip when bubbles form on the surface and begin popping. The edges of the pancake will also begin to look dry and set.
Can You Use yogurt instead of sour cream in Pancakes?
I recommend using a 2 % or whole milk plain Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream. You can use a nonfat or low fat but the pancakes may be less fluffy.
What Makes Your Pancakes Fluffy?
The sour cream helps make the pancake fluffy as well as they way they are mixed.
Pouring the wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and then mixing until just incorporated is important. Not over mixing your pancakes makes them light and fluffy.
What to Serve on Sour Cream Pancakes
At our house we love topping our pancakes with some fresh berries or bananas and then some type of syrup. Making homemade syrup is so easy. A few of our favorites include:
Can You Freeze Sour Pancakes?
Pancakes freeze great. Allow them to cool to room temperature and then place them in a single layer in a freezer bag.You can! Simply let the cooked pancakes cool to room temperature.
The Best Way to Reheat Pancakes
Use the toaster to reheat your pancakes. If they are frozen you do not need to thaw them first. They can also be warmed in the oven on a cookie sheet at 225 degrees F.
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Sour Cream Pancakes Recipe
Sour Cream Pancakes
Edna Mae’s Sour Cream Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup 2% or whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/ 2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp butter melted and divided
- Warm up your griddle, iron skillet or frying pan at a medium heat
- In a blender, combine egg, sugar, milk, sour cream, 2 Tbsp melted butter and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk together until no large clumps are there. Let batter sit for 20 minutes or refrigerate over night
- Brush griddle with 1 Tbsp of butter
- Using a scoop pour about 1/4 – 1/3 cup of pancake batter onto the pan.
- Cook each side of the pancake for about 1 to 2 minutes, flipping when the edges start to look dry and bubbles form and pop on surface.
- Remove from heat and stack high, top with a pad of butter and drizzle with lots of maple syrup!
Originally posted March 12, 2010