I love a good pancake and these sour cream pancakes are good pancakes!
I love a good light and fluffy pancake.
I love pancakes for breakfast or for dinner.
No thin, skinny pancakes at our house, unless it is a yellow pancake!
If we are going to have pancakes for breakfast it is usually Sunday morning.
A nice warm, fluffy pancake with butter and covered with real maple syrup – yum!! Be sure and use real sour cream, none of that light stuff.
How do you like your pancakes – thick and fluffy or thin?
Sour Cream Pancakes
Edna Mae’s Sour Cream Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup 2% or whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/ 2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp butter melted and divided
- Warm up your griddle, iron skillet or frying pan at a medium heat
- In a blender, combine egg, sugar, milk, sour cream, 2 Tbsp melted butter and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk together until no large clumps are there. Let batter sit for 20 minutes or refrigerate over night
- Melt about a tablespoon of butter onto griddle
- Using a ladle pour about 1/4 - 1/3 cup of pancake batter onto the pan.
- Cook each side of the pancake for about 1 to 2 minutes, flipping when the edges start to brown and cake begins to bubble
- Remove from heat and stack high, top with a pad of butter and drizzle with lots of maple syrup!
- Makes about 8 pancakes
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.