I am not a huge seafood fan. I’m generally a fish and chips kind of girl.
The only seafood I ever cook is shrimp. This recipe is another fun and easy way to use some of those fresh herbs you may have growing in your garden.
If you haven’t ever bought shrimp before it comes in different sizes. This recipe uses jumbo shrimp which means there are 16-20 per pound. You can use fresh or frozen, either will work. I used frozen shrimp I bought at Costco.
The shrimp is marinated prior to grilling for 1-2 hours at room temperature or cover and refrigerate for up to two days.
I skewered the shrimp for easier grilling. I forgot to soak my bamboo skewers ahead of time so they got a little burnt!
Shrimp cooks quickly so keep an eye on it – only a couple of minutes per side.
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced small
- 1/4 C minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 C minced fresh basil
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 C olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- pounds shrimp (16-20 per pound) tails off and deveined. (I used shrimp with the tail)
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp
- Pour over shrimp and marinate 1-2 hours at room temperature or cover and refrigerate for up to two days
- Prepare grill and brush the grilling rack with oil to prevent the shrimp from sticking
- Skewer shrimp and grill for 1-2 minutes on each side
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.