Garlic and Herb Shrimp is the perfect side to your steak dinner or a deliciously easy main course.
I am not a huge seafood fan. I’m generally a fish and chips kind of girl. The only seafood I ever cook is shrimp. This garlic and herb shrimp recipe is a delicious way to prepare shrimp and a great way to use some of those fresh herbs you may have growing in your garden.
If you haven’t ever bought shrimp before it comes in different sizes. This recipe uses jumbo shrimp which means there are 16-20 per pound. You can use fresh or frozen, either will work. I used frozen shrimp I bought at Costco.
The shrimp is marinated prior to grilling for 1-2 hours at room temperature or cover and refrigerate for up to two days.
I skewered the shrimp for easier grilling. Make sure to soak the bamboo skewers ahead of time to prevent burning!
Shrimp cooks quickly so keep an eye on it – only a couple of minutes per side and you are ready to go.
Check out more easy shrimp recipes:
Garlic and Herb Shrimp Recipe
Garlic and Herb Shrimp
- 2 lbs shrimp
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced small
- 1/4 C minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 C minced fresh basil
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 C olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Remove the tails and devein the shrimp
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp
- Pour over shrimp and marinate 1-2 hours at room temperature or cover and refrigerate for up to two days
- Prepare grill and brush the grilling rack with oil to prevent the shrimp from sticking
- Skewer shrimp and grill for 1-2 minutes on each side