These baked ham and cheese sliders are topped with a buttery Dijon, onion, and poppy seed topping! Watch them disappear at your next party.
Hawaiian Roll Ham Sandwiches
I first served these Hawaiian ham and cheese sliders at a baby shower. It was a storybook themed shower and we needed something to represent the Green Eggs and Ham book. These sandwiches disappeared first and every one raved about them.
What are Hawaiian Sweet Rolls?
These can be found in the bakery department of the grocery store in a package of 12 rolls. They are a soft, fluffy sweet roll that has a melt in your mouth texture. If you are unable to find them use some type of slider roll or light, fluffy dinner roll.
How to Make Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Line your 9 x 13 pan with the bottom half of the rolls.
- Fold the ham and place on top of the roll.
- Add a slice of cheese to each roll.
- Spread a layer of cream cheese on the top half of the bun and place on top.
- Combine together the butter, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and onions and drizzle over the top of the rolls evenly. (If you are making ahead, do this part right before baking.)
- Sprinkle of cheese and poppy seeds.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven at 350 degree F until heated through and the cheese is nice and gooey!
Can I Make Them Ahead of Time?
These ham and cheese sliders are a great make ahead meal. Put everything together up to adding the melted butter. Store them covered in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Right before baking add the melted butter over the top of the rolls and then bake. These are best served warm right out of the oven.
Then all you have to do is watch them disappear. Yum! For more details on the Storybook Themed Baby Shower go here.
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders Recipe
Hot Ham and Cheese Sliders
- 20 Hawaiian sweet rolls cut in half crosswwise
- 1 lb. black forest ham sliced
- 20 slices provolone cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp minced onions
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Line the pan with the bottom half of the rolls.
- Top with ham, then cheese.
- Spread a layer of cream cheese mixture on the top half of the roll.
- Place on top of cheese.
- In a bowl combine butter, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, minced onions and cheese.
- Mix well and pour evenly over top of rolls.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven for 25 minutes or until warmed through.