Fast Fire Flank Steak is one of the top favorite meals for the men at my house!
This was one of the earliest recipes I shared here on the blog back in 2008. It’s been a family favorite for a long time. Today you are getting an updated and improved version!
The Fast Fire Flank Steak is a standard here at the Wilkes’ house. If you ask any of the men at my house what their favorite dinner is, Fast Fire Flank Steak would be in the top two choices for all of them, if not the top choice. Throw in some kind of potato and they are in heaven! This would be the perfect dinner solution for Father’s Day if you are still looking for something for this weekend. But this flank steak is a good choice any day.
You do need to plan ahead a bit as the meat needs marinade at least 3 hours, I usually do it overnight in a large plastic zipper baggie. Score the meat on the diagonal before you put it in the marinade.
We cook ours on the grill but it could also be done under the broiler. Jim got a new grill for Father’s Day this year so we were anxious to try it out. Cook it hot and fast. We like it cooked to about medium. After cooking it slice it across the grain.
The next time you have a BBQ give the Fast Fire Flank Steak a try – I think you’ll like it!
- 1 flank steak about 1 1/4 lbs.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. dry sherry
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 scallions sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1/4 tsp. green pepper I usually don't put this in
- oil for brushing
- Score flank steak 1/8 inch deep on both sides at 1 inch intervals
- Mix all ingredients except oil for brushing together, pour over steak and rub into both sides
- Marinade at least 3 hours or overnight
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking
- Brush grill with oil
- Cook for 3 minutes each side for rare, 5 for medium, 7 for well done
- Thinly slice against the grain
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!