Caramel Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie combines all the best cookie flavors – oatmeal, chocolate and caramel. All rolled into one.
Who doesn’t love a good oatmeal cookie. Especially one that has a little extra something added in.
I like a little crunch and texture to my food so I decided to try adding in some Rice Krispy cereal to my oatmeal cookie.
Not bad but it was missing a little something.
I had a bag of these little babies in my pantry so I thought I’d throw a cup or so of them in. I was so excited to see that our Target with a newly expanded food section carried these Caramel Bits. Previously the only place I had been able to find them was in Utah at Wal-Mart. A little too far to go on a regular basis! (I have no Wal-Mart nearby here in Portland)
Better but still, something was missing. Yes, you guessed it – chocolate. So in went a cup of semi sweet chocolate chips. Yes, we reached perfection. How can anything not taste better with a little chocolate and caramel added in.
The progression of a cookie.
The caramel bits add a perfect amount of gooeyness to the cookie that is divine. The chocolate is the crowning touch.
After I scoop the cookie dough onto the cookie sheet I flatten the cookies a bit with my hand. This helps get that nice browned, crispy edge to the cookie.
There you have it, the birth of a cookie.
- 1 C butter
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 C quick cooking oatmeal
- 3/4 C Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 C caramel bits
- 1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- Mix butter, sugar and egg yolks until light and creamy.
- Add in vanilla.
- Add in flour, salt, baking powder.
- Blend in oatmeal, Rice Krispies, caramel bits and chocolate chips. Mix just until incorporated..
- Form cookie dough into balls and flatten with your hand on the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the edges begin to brown - about 10 minutes.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.