Monster Cookies are a combination of oats, peanut butter and chocolate chips with M & M’s on top. There is no flour in this recipe. You can make them large or small and they are definitely a crowd favorite.
What is a Monster Cookie?
Monster Cookies are one of those classic cookie recipes, one that I’ve been making for years and years. They are the perfect combination of peanut butter cookies and oatmeal cookies with the bonus of chocolate chips and M & M’s!
When I was the president of the children’s organization at church the children would do a program once a year for the congregation. I would make these for all the children as a reward for their great job in the program. It became a fun tradition.
Are Monster Cookies gluten free?
Yes! As long as you are using gluten free oats they are gluten free. If you are looking for a flourless cookie this is a great one. There is a lot of peanut butter in these cookies which helps to bind all the ingredients together. I used a 1/4 cup scoop so the cookies are pretty big – thus the name Monster Cookie! You can make them smaller using a regular size cookie scoop. The kids always liked the big cookies.
Can I Freeze Monster Cookies?
Monster Cookies freeze well. I love to sneak them out of the freezer, one at a time and enjoy them frozen! Read my How to Freeze Cookies post for the best way to freeze cookies.
Other cookie recipes you may enjoy:
My favorite cookie baking tools include:
CUPCAKE/MUFFIN SCOOP – perfect for making big Monster Cookies, cupckaes and muffins.
COOKIE SCOOP – if you want smaller, more regular size cookies, use this!
SHEET PAN – I have at least six of these in my kitchen. I use them everyday. The 13 x 18 size is perfect and I use them for everything!
If you’ve tried these Monster Cookies or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Monster Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 3/4 C peanut butter
- 1 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1 C sugar
- 1 Tbsp corn syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C chocolate chips
- 4 1/2 C old fashioned oats
- 4 oz. M & M's
- Mix all together and then bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes
- Be careful not to over bake
- As the cookies come out of oven, press M & M's into cookies
Tips & Notes:
- Peanut Butter - I prefer creamy peanut butter but you can use crunchy too.
- Oatmeal - Using old fashioned oats will give you a chewier texture to the cookies.
- Room Temperature - Having your ingredients at room temperature will help them to combine better.
- Freeze Well - Monster cookies are freeze really well and are a perfect make ahead cookie. You can find all my tips for freezing cookies here.
Recipe originally posted Sept. 1, 2009