I’ve got another yummy slow cooker recipe for you today. I love using my slow cooker any day of the week but my favorite day to use my slow cooker is on Sunday. We go to church for three hours on Sunday so I love to put something in the slow cooker first thing in the morning and then when we get home and are ready to eat about 3:00 p.m. dinner or linner (lunch and dinner) is ready! Sunday is suppose to be a day of rest and using the slow cooker helps it be more restful.
This recipe uses a pork loin roast. One of the things I love about pork is it relatively inexpensive so it is easy on the budget. My husband loves pork roast and since one of my girls is allergic to red meat so we eat a lot of pork.
This pork cooks on low in the slow cooker for about 6 hours and when it comes out it is so nice and tender and just about falls apart on you. Before I put it in the slow cooker though I covered it with a mixture of parmesan cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, oregano, garlic, olive oil and salt.
After it is cooked, pull the meat out of the slow cooker and than strain your juices to make a yummy glaze for your roast. I thickened the remaining liquid with some chicken broth with cornstarch mixed in. Just heat up the mixture on the stove top until it thickens and forms a nice glaze. I wanted mine a bit sweeter so I added 1 tsp of sugar to it.
It has great flavor and texture. I served it with some rosemary roasted potatoes and a green salad and it was the perfect, easy meal for my day of rest!
For other yummy slow cooker recipes check out these:
- 1 3-4 lb. boneless pork loin roast
- ⅔ C grated parmesan cheese
- ½ C honey
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- ¼ C chicken broth
- 1 tsp sugar, optional
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- In a bowl combine cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, oregano, garlic, oil, and salt.
- Pour mixture over the top of roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Remove meat and place on platter.
- Strain juices in slow cooker and put into a small sauce pan.
- Mix cornstarch and chicken broth together.
- Add into strained juices and stir until thickened over medium heat.
- Add in a teaspoon of sugar if sauce needs to be a bit sweeter, optional
- Slice roast and serve with glaze.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
For a list of where I Link Up each week go here