Scotcheroos have been a family favorite at our house for years! So easy to make and no baking required.
So a few weeks ago a friend’s husband helped me out with something and I asked her what treat I could make for him to thank him and she told me he would never turn down a Scotcheroo. So when I went to the blog to get the recipe to make a batch I realized the recipe wasn’t on the blog. This classic recipe and family favorite was not on the blog! Shame on me. Well, now it is and I know where to find it.
The recipe was given to me years ago, probably over 25 years, by a dear friend and it quickly became a family favorite. What’s not to love about Rice Krispies, peanut butter and chocolate!
They are simple and quick to make and no baking, just a little heat on the stove and microwave. Just melt the sugar and corn syrup on the stove top and stir in the peanut butter. Mix that in with your Rice Krispies and spread it in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
Then just cut them up and enjoy! The kids will love them and I hope my friend’s husband does too!!
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- Place corn syrup and sugar into 3-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter. Mix well.
- Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated. Press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over cereal mixture. Let stand until firm.
- Cut into 2 x 1-inch bars when cool.