Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect way to satisfy that cookie craving without being tempted to eat too many!
This recipe yields 6-8 cookies depending on how big you make them. You can find my other small batch recipes here.
Ever have a craving for a warm chocolate chip cookie but you don’t want or need 24 cookies!?
Small Batch Chocolate Chip cookies is the answer. All you need is one bowl and a few minutes and you can satisfy that craving.
You know if you make a batch of cookies, you are going to eat a batch of cookies. That is where this recipe comes in.
Now I know someone is going to ask, “Why don’t you just freeze the rest of the cookies or the cookie dough?” And that is always an option but if you are like me, if you know there is frozen cookie dough in the freezer, you are going to eat the frozen cookie dough!
Small Batch Chocolate Chip cookies solves that problem too.
This recipe makes 6-8 cookies depending on the size, this is the perfect amount for the two of us. A few to eat today and a few for tomorrow.
How to Make Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
I found it easier to mix these by hand in a bowl rather than a stand mixer.
- Softened butter I use salted butter. Do not over soften your butter. If you are able to make an indentation with your finger without your finger going all the way through the butter it is ready.
- Sugar. I use a combination of granulated and brown sugar but I have also made them with all brown sugar which gives them a deeper color and flavor and is delish!
- Egg. Only use the egg yolk. Adding in the whole egg gives the cookies an eggy taste.
- Dry Ingredients. Don’t over mix your cookie dough. Stir in the dry ingredients by hand until almost incorporated and then add in your chocolate.
- Chocolate Chips. My favorite combination is white chocolate chips and milk chocolate but use your favorite. Semi Sweet or Butterscotch chips would be good too.
I like to use a 1 oz. size scoop which gives you about 8 cookies. If you want fewer cookies, make the scoops a bit larger.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
I think they are cookie perfection, crisp on the edges and nice and soft on the inside. All you need is a tall glass of cold milk!
Out of chocolate chips? Try one of these additions.
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut: 1/3 cup white chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of chopped macadamia nuts
- Chocolate M&M: 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of mini M&M’s
- Funfetti: 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of sprinkles
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour plus 2 Tbsp.
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Mix together butter and sugars.
- Add in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Add in dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Form cookie balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 12-14 minutes. Until lightly golden brown around the edges and still soft in the middle.