Cinnamon Rice Krispie Treats are a fun twist on an old favorite. Use cinnamon flavored marshmallows or add cinnamon into the marshmallow mixture for a fun new taste.
Rice Krispie treats are a staple around our house and over the years I have found all kinds of fun ways to dress them up including these Cookies and Cream version and this Malted Milk Ball version and even a rice krispie treat ice cream! But nothing beats a perfect rice krispie treat!
Have you noticed all the fun different flavors of marshmallows that have been around lately? This summer I was buying strawberry, chocolate, caramel, swirl, and coconut. All kinds of deliciousness. This fall there is a new crop of marshmallow flavors. So far I have seen pumpkin, peppermint and my personal favorite cinnamon bun.
So what do you do with a bag of cinnamon marshmallows? You make Rice Krispie treats of course and these Cinnamon Rice Krispie Treats are a dressed up version of an old favorite. Don’t worry if you can’t find the cinnamon bun marshmallows I’ve got another option for you.
Tips for the Best Rice Krispie Treats
- Don’t use the recipe on the back of the cereal box. I always use more butter and more marshmallows (see recipe below). It makes them a gooey and yummier treat!
- Use fresh marshmallows, it does make a difference.
- Don’t overcook the marshmallows, it can cause them to harden.
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Rice Krispie Treats
- If you can’t find cinnamon marshmallows just use regular marshmallows and add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the mixture.
- You can melt the marshmallows and butter on the stove top or in the microwave.
- Combine the marshmallow mixture with the rice krispie cereal along with the 1/2 cup of toffee bits. Press into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Do not press down on the mixture with your hand. I like them to be light and airier but if you prefer a more compacted rice krispie treat press down on them.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup of toffee bits over the top and drizzle with the melted chocolate
using a fork.
- You can place the treats into the refrigerator to speed up the cooling process and the hardening of the chocolate.
- Cut into squares after they have set up and chocolate has hardened.
Can I Freeze Rice Krispie Treats?
They can be frozen in an airtight container but I don’t think they are as good after being frozen. I recommend wrapping them in plastic wrap and in foil to keep the moisture and air out. They can freeze for up to six weeks. To thaw them allow them to sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Other delicious treats you may enjoy:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Cinnamon Rice Krispie Treats
Cinnamon Rice Krispie Treats
- 16 oz. marshmallows omit cinnamon if using cinnamon marshmallows.
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 oz Rice Krispie cereal
- 1/2 toffee bits
- 1/3 cup toffee bits
- 1 C milk chocolate chips melted
- In a pan on the stove top combine marshmallows and butter and melt. This can also be done in the microwave.
- Mix marshmallows and butter until butter melts and mixture is smooth. If you can't find cinnamon marshmallows add in 1 tsp cinnamon into mixture.
- Pour Rice Krispie cereal into a large bowl. Pour in marshmallow mixture and mix well. Add in 1/2 cup of toffee bits.
- Once the marshmallow-butter mixture is evenly mixed in, pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Do not press down with your hand.
- Sprinkle top with 1/3 C more toffee bits and allow to set.
- Melt 1 cup of milk chocolate chips and then drizzle over the top
Originally posted October 19, 2011
If you’ve tried these Cinnamon Rice Krispie Treats or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.