Brown Sugar Brie only requires 3 ingredients and comes together in minutes. Bake it in the oven and serve it warm and gooey.
I love an appetizer that is simple to prepare and one my guests will go crazy over it.
3 Ingredient Appetizer
Simple and delicious is the best way to describe Brown Sugar Brie. I love an appetizer that has three ingredients, takes a few minutes to put together and only about 15 minutes to bake.
- Brie. Round 16 oz wheel
- Brown Sugar
- Pecans. You can also use walnuts
Do you take the rind off before baking?
Brie is a nice soft cheese and comes with a rind on it. The rind is totally eatable and I find that it really doesn’t have much flavor. The rind is actually mold that is formed from penicillin candidum. It is harmless unless you are very allergic to mold. I have a mild mold allergy and it doesn’t bother me at all.
How to Make Brown Sugar Brie
- Remove the top part the rind and some of the cheese from the middle of the brie, leaving about a 1/2 inch border. With a spoon, dig out the cheese from this area to about 1/2 inch deep. This area will hold the brown sugar so if you want more brown sugar then cut the area deeper.
- Place the brie into an oven safe dish. I like using my mini cast iron pan but a 8 x 8 glass dish would work well too.
- Fill the cavity with brown sugar and pecan mixture and pat it down (it lets you get more in!)
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. As it bakes, the brie will slightly inflate or swell .
How Do I Serve Brie?
- Sliced baguettes
- Carrot sticks
- Celery Sticks
- Fruit. Apple, pears or grapes
Frequently Asked Questions
To check if the brie is done, cut into the cheese and if it oozes out, it is ready.
In a cast iron. or ceramic dish, it will stay scoopable for 15 minutes or so. You can pop it into the microwave for 15 seconds to warm it up and make it gooey again, or cover with oil and put it back into the oven for 5 minutes or so.
Keep any leftover brie refrigerated. You can eat it cold, room temperature or reheat in microwave for a few seconds.
Enjoy some of our other favorite brie recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Brown Sugar Brie
- 1 16 oz. brie
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut out the middle of the brie with a knife leaving about a 1/2 inch rim around the brie
- Cut down into the brie about 1/2-3/4 inch and remove the cheese
- Mix together chopped pecans and brown sugar and fill the cavity with as much of the mixture as it will hold. Place on a baking sheet or baking dish.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- It will swell a bit when the cheese is melted and the cheese will ooze out of it when cut into
- Serve with bread or crackers
Tips & Notes:
Originally posted Dec. 11, 2010