Brown Sugar Brie is covered in a delightful mixture of brie, brown sugar and pecans. Serve it warm and gooey right out of the oven and it will be the hit of any party.
I love an appetizer that is simple to prepare and one my guests will go crazy over it. Brown Sugar Brie is one of those recipes. It is best served hot out of the oven so if I am taking it to a party I will always ask the hostess if I can bake it at her house.
3 Ingredient Appetizer
Simple and delicious is the best way to describe Brown Sugar Brie. It only has three ingredients and takes a few minutes to put together and only about 15 minutes to bake.
The recipe was given to me years ago by a friend. When she gave me the recipe, it didn’t have any exact measurements, it was just a list of ingredients. I have added measurements for a small 16 oz. round of brie, if you use a bigger brie you can adjust accordingly.
Can I Eat the Brie Rind?
Brie is a nice soft cheese and comes with a rind on it. The rind is totally eatable and I find that it really doesn’t have much flavor. The rind is actually mold, it is formed from penicillim candidum. It is harmless unless you are very allergic to mold. I have a mild mold allergy and it doesn’t bother me at all.
How to Make Brown Sugar Brie
- The first step of the recipe is to remove the top part the rind and some of the cheese from the middle of the brie, leaving about a 1/2 inch border. With a spoon, dig out the cheese from this area to about 1/2 inch deep. This area will hold the brown sugar so if you want more brown sugar then cut the area deeper.
- Place the brie into an oven safe dish. I like using my mini cast iron pan but a 8 x 8 glass dish would work well too.
- Fill the cavity with brown sugar and pecan mixture and pat it down (it lets you get more in!)
- Bake in your oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. The brie will slightly inflate or swell when the cheese is melted. To make sure it is melted and spreadable cut into the brie and the cheese will ooze out.
How Do I Serve Brie?
Baked Brown Sugar Brie can be served with:
- Sliced baguettes
- Carrot sticks
- Celery Sticks
Enjoy some of our other favorite appetizers:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipe
Brown Sugar Brie Recipe
Brown Sugar Brie
- 1 16 oz. brie
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut out the middle of the brie with a knife leaving about a 1/2 inch rim around the brie
- Cut down into the brie about 1/2-3/4 inch and remove the cheese
- Mix together chopped pecans and brown sugar and fill the cavity with as much of the mixture as it will hold. Place on a baking sheet or baking dish.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- It will swell a bit when the cheese is melted and the cheese will ooze out of it when cut into
- Serve with bread or crackers
Originally posted Dec. 11, 2010
If you’ve tried this Brown Sugar Brie or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!