Brown Sugar Brie only requires 3 ingredients and comes together in minutes. Bake it in the oven and serve it warm and gooey.
I love an appetizer that is simple to prepare and one my guests will go crazy over it.
3 Ingredient Appetizer
Simple and delicious is the best way to describe Brown Sugar Brie. I love an appetizer that has three ingredients, takes a few minutes to put together and only about 15 minutes to bake.
Can I Eat the Brie Rind?
Brie is a nice soft cheese and comes with a rind on it. The rind is totally eatable and I find that it really doesn’t have much flavor. The rind is actually mold that is formed from penicillin candidum. It is harmless unless you are very allergic to mold. I have a mild mold allergy and it doesn’t bother me at all.
How to Make Brown Sugar Brie
- Remove the top part the rind and some of the cheese from the middle of the brie, leaving about a 1/2 inch border. With a spoon, dig out the cheese from this area to about 1/2 inch deep. This area will hold the brown sugar so if you want more brown sugar then cut the area deeper.
- Place the brie into an oven safe dish. I like using my mini cast iron pan but a 8 x 8 glass dish would work well too.
- Fill the cavity with brown sugar and pecan mixture and pat it down (it lets you get more in!)
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. As it bakes, the brie will slightly inflate or swell .
How Do You Know Brie Is Done?.
To check if the brie is done, cut into the cheese and if it oozes out, it is ready.
How Do I Serve Brie?
- Sliced baguettes
- Carrot sticks
- Celery Sticks
Enjoy some of our other favorite appetizers:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipe
Brown Sugar Brie Recipe
Brown Sugar Brie
- 1 16 oz. brie
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut out the middle of the brie with a knife leaving about a 1/2 inch rim around the brie
- Cut down into the brie about 1/2-3/4 inch and remove the cheese
- Mix together chopped pecans and brown sugar and fill the cavity with as much of the mixture as it will hold. Place on a baking sheet or baking dish.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- It will swell a bit when the cheese is melted and the cheese will ooze out of it when cut into
- Serve with bread or crackers
Originally posted Dec. 11, 2010