Appetizers are my favorite part of a meal and this Cranberry Brie is at the top of the list. It’s the perfect holiday appetizer for any parties on your calendar or your own holiday meals.
Many times appetizers are an overlooked part of a meal but I love to fix a couple of really good appetizers to have for people to snack on while dinner is finishing up. It also helps keep the masses under control if dinner is delayed at all!
Traditionally my go to, stand by appetizer is Roasted Garlic and Artichoke Dip I love this dip and could eat the whole thing myself!!
The other appetizer I will be fixing this year is a new recipe for me, Cranberry Brie. A friend was raving about it on the phone the other day so I decided I needed to give it a try. I especially love this appetizer during the holiday time because of the color and the cranberry. It’s perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.
My friend was right, this cranberry brie is so yummy. Everyone loved it and my husband even ate the leftovers for breakfast the next morning.
Besides the taste, I love how easy this was to put together. It only requires five ingredients and about five minutes to put together:
- Crescent Roll dough. I used the crescent roll sheet rather than the rolls but both will work.
- Whole Cranberry Sauce
- Fresh rosemary
Do I Remove the Rind from the Brie?
The rind is totally edible but I usually scrape off what I can with the tip of a knife or if it has a heavier rind I trim it off .
How to make Cranberry Brie
- Roll out your crescent roll dough onto a parchment covered baking sheet. If you are using the dough for rolls, press the seams together with your finger.
- Bake the dough for 5 minutes at 425 degrees F.
- Cover baked dough with cranberry sauce.
- Lay slices of brie on top and sprinkle with chopped pecans and fresh rosemary.
- Return to oven and bake for 6-8 more minutes or until dough is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Cut into slices to serve.
Other favorite holiday appetizers:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Cranberry Brie Appetzier
Cranberry Brie Pizza
- 1 8oz. can crescent rolls
- 3/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 8 oz. sliced Brie cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Use a lightly greased baking sheet or cover sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll crescent rolls and lay on baking sheet in one piece, press seams together.
- Bake 5 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and cover with cranberry sauce, leaving an edge.
- Cool 5 minutes and cut into wedges or squares.
- Top with pecans and chopped rosemary
- Bake an additional 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.
If you’ve tried this Cranberry Brie or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.