Slow Cooker Chili is perfect for game day or any day!
***If you love EASY and DELICIOUS meals that you can make for your family in your slow cooker, please join me over on Instgram where I share ALL slow cooker recipes! Hope to see you there! Find me on Instagram at @slowcookerrecipelove ***
One thing came through loud and clear when I asked you what you wanted to see more of here on the blog in 2014 – Slow Cooker recipes! My aim is to please so we are going to kick off the new year with a slow cooker recipe. Tonight we are having some friends over for dinner and games and this slow cooker chili is on the menu.
As I have told you before I was slow to embrace the slow cooker but this past year I have totally learned to love it and I can’t wait to use it even more in 2014 and share those recipes with you.
How to Make Slow Cooker Chili
Most of the ingredients for this chili are probably already on your pantry shelf. If you would like help in putting together your pantry check out my post on Pantry Staples.
- Cut up your meat into one inch pieces. I used chuck roast but you could also use stew meat.
- Sprinkle meat with salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Put meat along with your beans and tomato paste into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
How to Serve Chili
I served the chili on rice with a sprinkle of fresh avocado, cheddar cheese and sliced green onion along over rice.
You can turn up the heat with this chili by sprinkling on some jalapeno pepper if you’d like!
Here’s to a wonderful and prosperous 2014! (and lots of slow cooker recipes!!!)
For other slow cooker recipes try these:
- Sausage and Pepper Crock Pot Chili
- Brisket Tacos with Mango BBQ Sauce in Crock Pot
- Teriyaki Chicken in the Crock PotFor all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store. Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Slow Cooker Chili Recipe
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!