Slow Cooker Chili is perfect for game day or any day! A quick and easy meal that is filling and satisfying.
One thing came through loud and clear when I asked you what you wanted to see more of here on the blog – Slow Cooker recipes! My aim is to please so we are going to kick off the new year with a slow cooker recipe. Tonight we are having some friends over for dinner and games and this slow cooker chili is on the menu.
As I have told you before I was slow to embrace the slow cooker but this past year I have totally learned to love it and I can’t wait to use it even more in 2014 and share those recipes with you.
How to Make Slow Cooker Chili
Most of the ingredients for this chili are probably already on your pantry shelf. If you would like help in putting together your pantry check out my post on Pantry Staples.
- Cut up your meat into one inch pieces. I used chuck roast but you could also use stew meat.
- Sprinkle meat with salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Put meat along with your beans and tomato paste into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
How to Serve Chili
Our favorite way is to serve it over rice but try some of these other combinations.
What To Put on Top of Chili
- Fresh Avocado
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Oyster Crackers
- Jalapeno Peppers
Check out more delicious crock pot recipes:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos!
Slow Cooker Chili
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 2 lbs. beef chuck cut into one inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 15 ounce cans of pinto beans do not drain
- Salt and pepper cubed meat. Sprinkle with chili powder
- Mix together beans and tomato paste (jalapeno pepper if desired)
- Place meat in slow cooker
- Pour bean mixture over meat and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 8 hours
- Serve on rice.
- Garnish with avocado, cheese and green onion.