Welcome my friend Ruthie from Cooking with Ruthie to the blog today. I love following her on Instgram and seeing all her adventures in culinary school! Be sure to visit her blog to enter the Blendetec Giveaway and then check out what Mique and Cindy are sharing as part of the Craft and Sew!
I’m Ruthie from Cooking with Ruthie and I’m just so excited to be apart of Holiday Bake, Craft, Sew again this year!
It’s always a lot of fun to see the creative ideas in this series, I love that I get so many ‘homemade’ ways to share some love this time of year.
My Peppermint Hot Cocoa Krispie Treats will bring a smile to everyone that is lucky enough to enjoy one… they’re THAT good!
They’ll remind you everything we love so much about the holidays; hot cocoa with marshmallows and peppermint all on top of the classic rice kripie treat. Heaven.
Peppermint Hot Cocoa Krispie Treats is an awesome recipe for the whole family to enjoy making together~ SO fun and SO easy!
I hope you enjoy all of the awesome ideas in this years Holiday Bake, Craft, Sew… I am grateful to be able to work with all of these wonderfully creative bloggers.
Be sure to head over to Cooking with Ruthie to enter the Blendtec Giveaway!
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 16 oz mini marshmallows
- 8 C rice krispie cereal
- 1 1/2 C milk chocolate chips
- Hot Cocoa Frosting:
- 1/2 C butter softened
- 2 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 C dry hot cocoa mix adjust amount to taste
- 1/2 C milk chocolate chips
- 1 C mini marshamallows
- 1/4 C mini candy canes crushed
- Coat 15×10 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- In a large plastic microwaveable bowl place butter and mini marshmallows, microwave 1 minute, stir, microwave 30 seconds, stir well.
- If not completely melted microwave 15 seconds more.
- Stir in half rice krispies; mix well.
- Stir in remaining rice krispies; mix until well coated.
- Pour into baking dish, lightly wet hand with water and press flat into pan.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Invert onto cutting board or piece of parchment paper and give it a giggle to remove treats.
- Hot Cocoa Frosting:
- In a small mixing bowl cream butter, add powdered sugar 1 C at a time; mixing well.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp milk until creamy but thick.
- Add dry hot cocoa mix; mix until incorporated.
- Spread hot cocoa frosting on the top of krispie treats.
- Sprinkle topping marshmallows and crushed candy cane evenly over frosted treats.
- In a microwave bowl melt chocolate for 30 seconds, stir well, microwave 15 seconds more, stir until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate using a fork back and forth to garnish.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut into 4×4 square pieces.
- Then cover airtight until serving and enjoy!
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.