Toasted Marshmallow Ice Cream has all the goodness of a toasted marshmallow ready for a s’mores but in ice cream form. No campfire required!!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
I find it next to impossible to pass up a perfectly roasted, golden brown, oozing marshmallow. To me, the flavor of summer is always toasted marshmallow or s’mores. And when you add those roasted marshmallows into ice cream it is even better! I first tasted Toasted Marshmallow Ice cream at a little gourmet ice cream shop at the beach.
I loved it and knew I had to come home and recreate homemade marshmallow ice cream. The result is today’s recipe.
- Milk. I use a combination of whole milk, heavy whipping cream and half and half. If you can’t find half and half where you live replace the amount with half heavy cream and half whole milk.
- Vanilla Extract
- Marshmallows. We are going to use large marshmallows for the best results.
How to Toast Marshmallows
There is no fire required for this method!
- Place marshmallows on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place under the broiler and watch closely.
How to Make Toasted Marshmallow Ice Cream Recipe
- Mix together milk, sugar, salt and vanilla extract.
- Place 2-3 cups of milk mixture into a high speed blender.
- Add toasted marshmallows into blender and pulse to blend. (reserve a few for garnish)
- Add in remaining milk mixture.
- Pour into ice cream maker and mix according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Put ice cream into an insulated ice cream container and allow to firm up in the freezer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Stored in an airtight, insulated ice cream container it will last for a couple of weeks.
This homemade ice cream recipe is designed to be made in an ice cream maker and is not meant to be a no churn ice cream.
Add this new fun flavor to your repertoire of summer ice cream flavors. It is sure to become a favorite.
For more delicious treats with toasted marshmallow try these:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Toasted Marshmallow Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 12 large marshmallows
- Place marshmallows on a parchment lined baking pan and place under broiler until golden brown.
- Mix together remaining ingredients. Place 2-3 cups of mixture into a high speed blender.
- Add marshmallows into blender and pulse to blend. Add in remaining milk mixture.
- Pour into ice cream maker and mix according to instructions.