The addition of malted milk powder and malted milk balls to make malted milk ball rice krispie treats is pretty much brilliant!
We love a good Rice Krispie treat at our house and these Salted Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats are unreal! I even put Rice Krispie treats into my ice cream! These Cinnamon Rice Krispie treats are a fun flavor addition too.
I shared with you my Perfect Rice Krispie Treat recipe several years ago. Many of you have tried them and agree with me! I love it when that happens. The secret to a perfect rice krispie treat is more butter and more marshmallows! But guess what, you can make it even better. How you may ask? Just add malted milk balls! And for even more malted milk flavor I added in malted milk powder.
What are Malted Milk Balls?
Malted Milk Balls are a candy, classically made with a center consisting of malted milk powder and an outer coating of chocolate.
Malted milk powder was originally developed as a supplement in baby formula. As more people began to enjoy the flavor it began to be added into drinks at the soda fountain and the Malted MilkShake was born.
You will find malted milk powder in the same aisle as the powdered milk.
How to Make Malted Milk Ball Rice Krispie Treats
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a heavy sauce pan. When melted, stir in malted milk powder.
- Place Rice Krispies into a large bowl.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over the top and stir to combine. Stir in crushed malted milk balls, reserving some for the top.
- Spread mixture into a greased or parchment line pan and sprinkle with reserved malted milk balls. Just use your hand to lightly press them into the Rice Krispie treats so they stick!
Pretty much the perfect way to dress up a Rice Krispie treat! The malt powder and the malted milk balls give you a subtle malt flavor but it’s not overpowering at all.
I’ve even added malted milk powder to my
- Hot chocolate
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Malted Milk Ball Blondies
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Malted Milk Ball Rice Krispie Treats
Originally posted February 17 2015
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!