The addition of malted milk powder and malted milk balls to make malted milk ball rice krispie treats is pretty much brilliant!A few weeks ago I shared with you my Perfect Rice Krispie Treat recipe. Several of you have tried them and agree with me! I love it when that happens. The secret to a perfect rice krispie treat is more butter and more marshmallows! But guess what, you can make it even better. How you may ask? Just add malted milk balls! And for even more malted milk flavor I added in malted milk powder.
I am a big fan of malted milk balls and adding malted milk powder into various baked goods. Remember these and these? After melting the marshmallow and butter I stirred in the malt powder. I then added in the rice krispie cereal and lastly the malted milk balls.
Then after you spread them in the pan I sprinkled even more malted milk balls over the top. Just use your hand to lightly press them into the rice krispie treats so they stick!
Pretty much the perfect way to dress up a rice krispie treat! The malt powder and the malted milk balls give you plenty of malt flavor but it’s not overpowering at all. The rice krispie treat still shines through.
Malted Milk Ball Rice Krispie Treats
- 16 oz. bag of marshmallows
- 1/2 C butter
- 12 oz. of rice krispie cereal
- 3/4 C malted milk powder
- 3 C malted milk balls chopped and divided
- Melt butter and marshmallows and stir until smooth.
- Add in malted milk powder
- Add in cereal
- Add in 2 C malted milk balls
- Place in a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan
- Sprinkle remaining malted milk balls on top and press lightly into cereal.