Lemon Garlic Chicken Drumettes have a great savory flavor thanks to the herbs and garlic and the lemon gives it a nice punch of flavor.
Some good game watching and party food has been a theme here on the blog recently. Can you tell there has been a lot of football watching going on at my house!? It comes with the season. Whether you are hosting a game watching party or a holiday party I love a recipe that can be prepped ahead of time and all you have to do is heat it up or cook it right before the party starts. It makes entertaining so much easier and allows me to not be so stressed when my guests arrive.
Today’s recipe is perfect party food but please, don’t wait for a party to make these. They make a perfect dinner entree too. One thing that makes them great party fare is they taste great warm and they also taste great at room temperature and even cold. They would be great for a football tailgater and if you are an Oregonian you will appreciate that the color combo will fit right in with your Duck tailgater (sorry Beaver fans) You also mix them up ahead of time and let them marinate in the fridge overnight so all you have to do is bake them right before serving.
Besides being delicious I think these Lemon Garlic Chicken Drumettes are just pretty too. After baking, you coat the chicken in some herbed butter for even more flavor. The sprinkling of Parmesan and a garnish of fresh herbs and lemons are the perfect touch. While I used little drumettes you could also make this with chicken wings. Either one would be great.
Other favorite party, game watching, holiday party or anytime of the week foods:
Lemon Garlic Chicken Drumettes Recipe
Lemon Garlic Chicken Drumettes
- 2 lemons
- 4 tsp garlic minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil plus 2 small sprigs chopped
- 5 springs fresh oregano
- 1 tsp salt and pepper each
- 2.5 lbs chicken wings or drumettes
- 2 Tbsp butter room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper each
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Zest the lemons and set aside. Juice both lemons
- Combine garlic, oil, lemon juice, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper, basil and oregano springs with chicken in large plastic bag. Be sure chicken is coated. Marinade for 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Combine softened butter, chopped basil leaves, lemon zest and 1/4 tsp salt and pepper each. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place chicken on baking sheet and bake for about 30-35 minutes until chicken is cooked and edges are brown and crispy.
- Remove from oven and place chicken in a large bowl. Add in butter and stir to coat. Top with Parmesan cheese. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.