Dress up your regular old burger quickly and easily with these Teriyaki Hamburgers.
We love grilling year round but living in the Pacific Northwest means that sometimes we are standing under an umbrella out in the rain grilling!
One of our favorite things to grill, any time of year, are these Teriyaki Hamburgers. These burgers are quick, easy and full of amazing flavor.
Teriyaki Burger Ingredients
- Ground Beef
- Teriyaki Sauce
How to Make Teriyaki Hamburgers
Combine all six ingredients until all ingredients are incorporated.
Form meat into patties.
Refrigerate patties for 30 minutes if possible. This helps them from falling apart on the grill.
Cook meat to desired temperature. We like ours medium which is 145 degrees For well done cook to 160 degrees F.
How to Grill Pineapple
Pineapple and teriyaki are the perfect combo. I dressed up the hamburger by adding some grilled pineapple rings. I bought a cored and peeled pineapple at the grocery store or you could totally used canned pineapple slices too.
- Cut pineapple into rings.
- Follow the directions for grilled pineapple here.
- Top burgers with the grilled pineapple, fresh tomato, lettuce and red onion.
How to Toast Hamburger Buns
I’m a firm believer in toasting my hamburger buns. A little bit of effort makes a big difference in taste in my book!
- Lightly spread the insides of both pieces of the bun with butter.
- Place buttered side down on grill or griddle over medium high heat and cook until golden brown.
What to Serve with a Teriyaki Hamburgers
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Teriyaki Hamburgers Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
- 3 Tbsp teriyaki or soy sauce I used teriyaki
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 hamburger buns buttered and toasted
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- Grilled pineapple rings
- Combine first 6 ingredients, shape into 4 patties
- Cook patties on grill
- Place on bun with tomato, lettuce, grilled pineapple and desired condiments
Tips & Notes:
This recipe was originally posted in April, 2009