Grilled Pineapple is coated in honey and lemon and grilled to perfection. It makes the perfect accompaniment to any meal.
A few other “unusual” things we like to cook on the grill are this Grilled Caesar Salad which is delish. We also grill this Pound Cake and top it with fresh fruit. And another favorite at our house are these Grilled Artichokes.
We try to grill as much as possible in the summer. We love to grill meats and vegetables and our newest favorite thing to throw on the grill is pineapple. You can use fresh pineapple or canned pineapple. Of course, fresh pineapple is better. You can buy it at Costco or at the grocery store in the produce department already trimmed, cored and peeled. If you are using canned pineapple buy the pineapple rings.
How to Grill Pineapple
- Place your pineapple on a baking sheet. Mix together your honey and fresh lemon juice.
- Brush both sides of your pineapple with the mixture.
- Rub the grill of your BBQ grill with oil or line it with foil. If you want grill marks on your pineapple, don’t use the foil.
- Place the pineapple on the grill at medium heat.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Baste the pineapple with additional honey/lemon a couple of times during the cooking process
Remove from the grill and place on serving platter. The honey will caramelize on the grill and create a delicious, warm sweet treat. Drizzle with a little more honey and serve.
How to Serve Grilled Pineapple
Grilled Pineapple works great as a side dish to any grilled meat and also is delicious on top of a burger. We also love to serve it as dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
If you need a quick and easy summer side dish or dessert give it a try.
Other favorite recipes for grilling:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Grilled Pineapple Recipe
- 1 large ripe pineapple
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- Trim, core, and peel pineapple. Cut into quarters from top to bottom.
- Slice out the core from each quarter and cut each quarter slice into four pieces (two pieces lengthwise and two crosswise)
- Cut each quarter slice into four pieces (two pieces lengthwise and two crosswise)
- You should now have 12 wedges of pineapple (about 3-inch by 1-inch each)
- In a small bowl, combine honey, and lemon or lime juice. Brush glaze onto both sides of each piece of pineapple.
- Preheat barbecue grill
- Either oil or spray the grill rack with non-stick cooking spray or line with foil.
- Place pineapple wedges on the grill and cook approximately 5 minutes on each side (turning so that grill marks are on all sides) until the pineapple becomes fragrant and starts to dry out on the surface
- NOTE: Don’t overcook, or they’ll turn mushy
- Remove from the grill and brush with any additional glaze one more time or drizzle with additional honey.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Makes 6 servings
Originally post August 6, 2008
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.