You can make homemade yeast rolls in no time at all with this 30 Minute Rolls Recipe.
I’ve lost track of how many times I have made these 30 minute rolls in the last few months. Let’s just say it’s been a lot. And every time I’ve made them everyone has asked “Is this recipe on the blog?” And now it is! There is also a video at the bottom of this post so you can see just how easy it is to make these delicious rolls.
I found this recipe over at my friend Laura’s blog – Real Mom Kitchen.
At first I couldn’t believe that these rolls only take 30 minutes to make. Start to finish. Really! And they are a yeast roll. Also, I love that this recipe makes exactly a dozen dinner size rolls. It is the perfect size recipe for a family meal.
How to make 30 minute rolls.
And then in just ten minutes they look like this:
Then you put them in the oven for 10 minutes. After baking in the oven, you pull out a dozen golden brown rolls.
And they taste as good as any roll that took you two hours to make! I recommend you eat them fresh and warm, right out of the oven. And with lots of honey butter!
There you have it! Quick, easy and delicious 30 minute rolls! I really is that easy.
For something a little different, be sure and check out the Herb and Cheese Rolls I created too. They are so good!.
30 Minute Roll Recipe
30 Minute Rolls
- 1 C plus 2 Tbsp warm water
- 1/3 C vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 C bread flour seems to work better but all purpose flour will also work
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In your mixer bowl combine the water, oil, yeast and sugar and allow it to rest for 15 minutes. Using your dough hook, mix in the salt, egg and flour.
- Knead with hook until will incorporated and dough is soft and smooth. (Just a few minutes)
- Form dough into 12 balls and then place in a greased 9 x 13 pan and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees or until golden brown.
Tips & Notes: