You can make homemade yeast rolls in no time at all with this 30 Minute Rolls Recipe.
I’ve lost track of how many times I have made these 30 minute rolls in the last few months. Let’s just say it’s been a lot. And every time I’ve made them everyone has asked “Is this recipe on the blog?” And now it is! There is also a video at the bottom of this post so you can see just how easy it is to make these delicious rolls.
At first I couldn’t believe that these rolls only take 30 minutes to make. Start to finish. Really! And they are a yeast roll. Also, I love that this recipe makes exactly a dozen dinner size rolls. It is the perfect size recipe for a family meal.
How to make 30 minute rolls.
And then in just ten minutes they look like this:
Then you put them in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
And they taste as good as any roll that took you two hours to make! I recommend you eat them fresh and warm, right out of the oven. And with lots of honey butter!
There you have it! Quick, easy and delicious rolls in no time! It really is that easy.
For something a little different, be sure and check out the Herb and Cheese Rolls I created too. They are so good!
30 Minute Roll Recipe
30 Minute Rolls
- 1 C plus 2 Tbsp warm water
- 1/3 C vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 C bread flour seems to work better but all purpose flour will also work
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In your mixer bowl combine the water, oil, yeast and sugar and allow it to rest for 10 minutes or until bubbly. Using your dough hook, mix in the salt, egg and flour.
- Knead with hook until will incorporated and dough is soft and smooth. (Just a few minutes) If dough seems too wet add a little additional flour, a tablespoon at a time.
- Form dough into 12 balls and then place in a greased 9 x 13 pan and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Bake for 10 -15 minutes at 400 degrees or until golden brown and cooked through..