Since I am in London this week I thought a recipe for London broil would be very appropriate!
It’s June and that means it must be summer right? Before I left for London it seemed like Portland couldn’t quite make up its mind – rain, sun, rain, sun! Regardless of the weather we have fired up the BBQ and it is open for the season!
Our favorite day to grill is Sunday. I put something in to marinade Saturday night and it’s ready to grill as soon as we get home from church on Sunday and everyone is starving and ready to eat. I think it has to do with that song “Saturday is a special day, it’s the day we get ready for Sunday” that I use to sing all the time as a kid and with my kids when they were little. I like to get as much of the Sunday meal done ahead of time as possible!
It really doesn’t get much easier than this recipe. I guess you could just throw the meat on the grill barenaked and that would be easier but I think a London Broil is better if you marinade it and really how much effort does it take to mix together a can of coke and some teriyaki sauce. Yep – that’s it. The recipe only has three ingredients total!!
London Broil seems to go on sale a lot around here – Albertsons has it for $1.99 a pound quite often which makes it even more delicious!!
I marinaded it about 24 hours and it was nice and tender and juicy. Our grillmaster, Jim, did a great job of grilling it to just the right doneness! (is that a word??)
- 1 - 12 oz. can of Coke (or Pepsi if you prefer)
- 1 - 10 oz. bottle of teriyaki sauce
- 1 - 2 1/2 - 3 lb.London broil
- Combine coke and teriyaki sauce in a zip lock bag and add London broil
- Seal and chill for 24 hours, turning occasionally
- Remove from marinade and discard marinade
- Grill over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until desired doneness
- Let stand for 10 minutes and then cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices