Welcome to Week Two of Muffin Monday.
But before I share the recipe for these lovely muffins I want to say thank you.
Blog reader Beth emailed me last week to say she and her friend Carol were going to be in Portland this weekend to run the Portland Marathon and wondered if I’d like to meet them for dinner Saturday night to carbo load with! I am always game for a little carbo loading and meeting new friends so of course I said yes. I did a little research on Italian restaurants in Portland and we chose Amalfi’s over on Fremont in South East Portland – a great choice.
It was so fun to get to know Beth and her friend Carol and hear all about their marathon training – you go girls!! They both did great in the marathon and both finished the race despite the pouring down rain we had all day! I am in awe ladies. Running is just one thing I don’t get!
Beth brought along a little gift for me – she knows me well!! How cute is this!
I love my blog friends! Thanks girls. It was a fun evening with good food and two new friends.
Back to the muffins….
I am pretty much a sucker for anything that has lemon in it or poppy seeds so a Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin is a no brainer for me! A light lemon flavor with the crunch of poppy seeds covered in a nice lemon drizzle. Yum! The perfect choice for muffin Monday!
Thanks for all your muffin suggestions last week I have a nice pile to try. Fall is definitely here in Portland so this week it will be something with apples and cinnamon I think!
Here’s to another Muffin Monday!
- 1¾ C flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ C sugar
- 3 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 C sour cream
- 1 egg
- ⅓ C butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ C powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Add together flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, poppy seeds and lemon zest in a bowl
- In another bowl combine sour cream, egg, melted butter and vanilla
- Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened
- Do not over stir
- Spoon batter into prepared muffins pans (creased or liners) Fill ⅔ full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes or until lightly brown
- Remove from pan and cool on rack
- Add together powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla in a bowl
- Stir until smooth
- Drizzle the glaze over top of muffins
- Makes 1 dozen muffins
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook!