Lemon Cheesecake Bars are amazing! These babies are going to become your favorite lemon bar ever!!
and this unforgettable Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
Today’s recipe for Lemon Cheesecake Bars are a favorite of my family and just about everyone who tries them. It is a not to be missed recipe, so if you like lemon you need to make these bars!
I recently made them for the Tea Party Bridal Shower I hosted because every good tea party should have a good lemon bar. Lemon Cheesecake Bars are not your ordinary lemon bar. They are something special. A layer of cheesecake like filling takes these lemon bars far and above your regular old lemon bar.
How to make Lemon Cheesecake Bars
First, you make a shortbread like base. After baking it, you cover it with a cheesecake layer and bake again.
Next, you add the lemon layer on top. Pour this layer gently! As you will see from my photograph I wasn’t gentle and it caused the cheesecake layer to separate. But they still taste fabulous!
After the final layer is baked give it a nice generous sprinkle of powdered sugar to hide any flaws and just to make it look pretty!
I received this recipe from one of my wonderful blog readers. When Rachel shared it with me, she promised me they would become my new favorite lemon recipe. And boy was she was right. The cheesecake layer makes for a much creamier and yummier lemon bar!
Best Tools for Making Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
Because I love lemons so much and cook and bake with them a lot having the right lemon tools is important.
First – the microplaner. I love this tool. It is a long, small grater type tool. You use it to “zest” a lemon which basically means grating the lemon rind. Fresh lemon zest adds great flavor to recipes.
Second – you will need a lemon juicer. I use this handy little hand juicer – it quickly and easily squeezes all the juice out of the lemon. I got mine for a couple of dollars at Ikea but both of these tools can be found at any kitchen shop or even Target.
You are going to want to use fresh lemon juice, not that fake stuff that comes in the green bottle at the grocery store for the recipes I will share with you so get juicing!
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Lemon Cheesecake Bars Recipe
Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- 3/4 cup butter chilled
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Cut butter into pieces.
- In a food processor (or blender on low, pulse setting) Process all ingredients until mixture becomes tiny and fine pieces.
- Sprinkle mixture into a 9 x 13 baking pan and press evenly into bottom of pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes and remove from oven.
- In medium bowl, blend cream cheese until smooth.
- Then add sugar and mix well.
- Cream together the rest of the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour cheesecake evenly over hot crust. Pour slowly and gently, a little at a time.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 300.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs and sugar until combined well.
- Stir in lemon juice and flour.
- Pour gently and smoothly over semi-baked cheesecake.
- Bake at 300 for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle powdered sugar over top if desired.
- Cool for an hour and then refrigerate until ready to serve.