White chocolate and raspberry are an amazing flavor combination and this White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake is the perfect way to enjoy it! Creamy cheesecake layered with tart raspberries and sweet white chocolate make for the best cheesecake flavor combination ever.
I love the combination of raspberry and white chocolate and some of my other favorite ways to enjoy it are with these Raspberry White Chocolate Bundt Cakes, Raspberry White Chocolate Cookies and Raspberry White Chocolate Bars. You can find all my dessert recipes here.
I am a creature of habit. I am one of those people that every time I go to a restaurant I order the same thing I ordered last time. My husband calls me boring. I call it being safe. I know I like it so why risk getting something I don’t like!? And it never fails when I try to branch out and try something new I am almost always disappointed!
When I eat at the Cheesecake Factory I ALWAYS get the White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake. Despite the dozens of other amazing looking and sounding cheesecakes, many of which I am sure I will love, I get the same one. I love it and since I don’t get to the Cheesecake Factory very often I can’t stand not enjoying a slice of the amazing White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake.
But next time I go – I’m going to try a new kind. Why? Because now I can make that amazing White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake at home. Yes, just about an exact replica!
How to Make White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- The cheesecake starts with a chocolate cookie crust base. You can use Oreos minus the filling or just buy a box of chocolate wafer cookies like I did. The chocolate wafers can be a bit harder to find though. Crush up the cookies in your food processor or put them in a zip loc bag and roll over them with a rolling pin, you want nice fine crumbs.
- Add melted butter into the crumbs and mix to combine. Use your hand to press the crumbs into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Cheesecake needs to be made in a springform pan, so if you don’t have one you can pick one up on Amazon!
- One of the tips to good cheesecake making is to wrap the bottom and sides of thepan in two layers of foil. This keeps the water in the water bath from seeping in and making a soggy crust!
- The cookie crust is layered with chopped white chocolate. I used a Ghiradelli White Chocolate Premium Baking Bar.
To Make The Cheesecake
- Beat your softened cream cheese until it is nice and light and fluffy. I like to use the paddle attachment on my mixer. Add in the sugar, add eggs one at a time and then add in lemon juice and vanilla. Mixture should be nice and smooth.
- Spoon HALF of the mixture into the pan.
- Add raspberry layer and swirl with a knife. For the raspberry layer I used my favorite raspberry jam and warmed it up in the microwave to make it easy to drizzle over the cheesecake.
- The remaining half of the cheesecake mixture goes on top. A lot of cheesecake recipes have you bake the cheesecake in a water bath to help prevent cracking of the cheesecake. I have done it with a water bath and without and haven’t seen much difference so I did not use a water bath this time.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 1 1/2 – 2 hours. Insert a thin knife into the center of the cheesecake to see if it is done, it should come out clean.
- After the cheesecake has completely cooled (4 hours to overnight), garnish with whipped cream and fresh raspberries before serving. I also sprinkled it with some shaved white chocolate.
- Make your cheesecake the day before you actually need it. Cheesecake needs to cool in the refrigerator before serving. This helps it set up and also helps the flavors come together. It needs to chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
- When using a spring form pan, be sure that the side is properly fastened and the bottom is securely in place. You don’t want your batter to run out all over your oven! Covering the sides and bottoms of the pan with foil helps prevent this too.
- Don’t over swirl your raspberry sauce. You don’t want it totally mixed into the cheesecake mixture.
- Water bath: as I mentioned above I have made a cheesecake with and without and have had it crack with a water bath and had it not crack without a waterbath so I usually don’t use one. I figure if there are cracks, I can just cover them up with whipped cream!
How To Store Cheesecake
Cheesecake does need to be refrigerated. It can sit at room temperature for 2-4 hours. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week. I cover it with foil to keep it from drying out on top in the refrigerator.
If you happen to have leftovers, they freeze really well. Just wrap them tightly in foil and put in an air tight freezer bag. I like to freeze individual slices of cheesecake. It will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer. To thaw, just let it sit in your refrigerator for 6-7 hours or overnight.
Be sure to checkout these cheesecake recipes:
- Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Cranberry Cheesecake Bars
- Fresh Strawberry Cheesecake
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cup crushed chocolate wafer cookies 24 chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup water
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 4 8 ounce packages of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces white chocolate chopped into chunks
For whip cream:
- 1 pt. whip cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Double wrap outside of pan with foil.
- Combine crumbs and butter and mix in a small bowl
- Press the crumbs into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
- Combine raspberry preserves with 1/4 c water in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 1/2 minutes on high in microwave
- Stir until smooth
- Strain mixture if needed to remove seeds. I just left them in. Allow to cool.
Cream Cheese Filling:
- Using the paddle attachment mix the cream cheese until fluffy
- Add in sugar and beat until smooth
- Beat in eggs one at a time
- Add in vanilla extract and lemon juice
- Layer chopped white chocolate over the top of cookie crust
- Pour half of the cream cheese mixture over the top of chopped chocolate
- Drizzle raspberry mixture over the top of cream cheese mixture and use a knife to swirl the raspberry into the cream cheese--Just a couple of times is great
- Pour the other half of the filling into the crust
- Bake cake for about 2 hours or until the center moves only slightly when pan is shaken
- Remove foil carefully
- When cool, refrigerate overnight
- Serve with whip cream, fresh raspberries and shaved white chocolate
For whip cream:
- Chill bowl and beaters
- Pour cream into chilled bowl
- Beat the cream until lines start to stay in the cream
- Add vanilla and 1/4 cup sifted confectioners sugar
- Continue beating until thick
Originally posted February 8, 2011
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.