White Chocolate Lemon Cheesecake is creamy and rich with a graham cracker crust and a lemon curd top!
For those of you who are new to the blog, let this be a warning. I love lemon. When there is the slightest hint that Spring may be around the corner you will see a lot of lemon here on the blog. I’m sorry, not sorry! I love lemon and I hope you do too or that you know someone that loves lemon because you are going to want to make them this white chocolate lemon cheesecake. Just you see those Lemon Streusel Muffins I posted last week or the Lemon Sour Cream Pie
This cheesecake starts with a graham cracker crust and is then filled with a lemon white chocolate cheesecake. More lemon goodness is added to the top with some homemade lemon curd and then a sprinkle of more white chocolate.
The sweetness of the cheesecake is a perfect combo for the tang of the lemon curd. They balance each other out perfectly.
Many cheesecake recipes call for baking the cheesecake in a water bath to prevent the top from cracking. This trick does work but since I was covering the top of this cheesecake with lemon curd, it didn’t really matter if it cracked or not so I didn’t use a water bath. I also didn’t have a pan big enough to place the springform pan in!
I did wrap my springform pan in foil to prevent the cheesecake and butter from the crust from leaking out all over my oven!
This cheesecake would make the perfect dessert guest at your Easter brunch or dinner. It takes a little time to make as it bakes for 65-75 minutes and then it needs to chill overnight, so plan ahead.
You can always use store bought lemon curd if you need to but homemade is easy to make and tastes so much better! You’ve got all that baking time to fill too, so make your own!
Printable Recipe for White Chocolate Lemon Cheesecake
White Chocolate Lemon Cheesecake
- 1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp butter melted
- 32 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 10 oz white baking chocolate melted and cooled
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon peel
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- white chocolate grated for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together all crust ingredienets. Press mixture into bottom and one inch up the side of the springform pan. Wrap the bottom of the pan in foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes and allow crust to cool.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese and sugar and beat until smooth.
- Beat in white chocolate, flour, cream, lemon juice, lemon peel, lemon extract and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs, beat on low speed until just combined.
- Pour into crust.
- Place foil covered pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes or until center is set and top appears dull.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen cake and cool on hour.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.
- Remove springform pan from cake. Cover with lemon curd and garnish with white chocolate.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Mix together eggs, sugar and lemon juice.
- Place in a double boiler over simmering water until mixed well. Stir until thickened. About 8-10 minutes.
- Fold in butter and lemon zest
- Cover and refrigerate until cooled and thickened.
Tips & Notes:
For other cheesecake goodness check out:
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake from Crazy for Crust
Mini Cheesecake Cookies from Browned Eye Baker
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars from Your Homebased Mom
Cheesecake Dessert Tacos from Spend with Pennies