I thought I’d start the week out with an easy and delicious dinner idea. Lately I haven’t been very good about planning my meals for the week. I think it is a combination of being out of town, being an empty nester and a little boredom. In fact, my sweet husband, who never complains mentioned after two nights of take out that he was looking forward to a home cooked meal. I had been out of town for 5 days and he had to fend for himself. So today’s recipe is what I made for that home cooked meal.
My usual solution to the boredom is getting out the files of recipes I’ve saved, the cookbooks and of course checking out my boards on Pinterest .for a little inspiration.
Today’s recipe for Asian Chicken Wraps is one I found in one of my files – the original recipe inspiration from Ellie Krieger. Today you get the Homebased Mom version!
The secret to this recipe is in the sauce – it is a yummy Asian flavored sauce. The filling for the Asian Chicken Wrap includes chicken, mandarin oranges, red peppers, almonds and cabbage. Lots of fun flavor and crunch.
I made the wraps using a lavash bread (which I bought at Trader Joes) but it could easily be done with a tortilla or served in pita bread. I sent the leftovers to work with my husband in pita bread because it is a little easier and less messy to eat that way.
The sauce is just drizzled on the bread.
And then you layer on the other ingredients. I also have a tutorial on how to cook chicken for recipes like this.
Roll it up and you are good to go. Cutting it in half may make it easier to eat!
This is one of the recipes that it is easy to change up depending on what is in the refrigerator. I think the sauce would taste good on just about anything!
- 2 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp Thai-style chili sauce
- 2 C Napa Cabbage - chopped
- Lavash bread or tortillas
- 1 cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 3 Tbsp toasted sliced almonds
- For the sauce mix together all the sauce ingredients. Can be stored in the refrigerator for 4-6 days.
- To assemble the wrap drizzle the bread/tortilla with the sauce and then layer with chicken, cabbage, oranges, red peppers and nuts. Drizzle with more sauce on top. Roll up bread/tortilla and serve. Slice in half for easier handling