Corned Beef cooked in the Instant Pot is so easy and delicious! Eat the corned beef by itself or make a yummy Reuben Sandwich with it.
Now that I’ve got that Instant Pot out of the box I’m keeping it busy. With St. Patrick’s Day around the corner and my need to eat corned beef at least once a year in tribute to my Irish ancestry, I decided to use the Instant Pot to cook it. Normally, I use my slow cooker and you can find my slow cooker corned beef here but I was anxious to try my Instant Pot again after it’s maiden voyage.
Making corned beef couldn’t be easier! I just placed the meat into the instant pot on top of the steam rack that comes with the Instant Pot. Add in 1 cup of water and sprinkle in the little spice packet that comes in the package. I set it the vent to sealing and press “manual” and then set it at 60 minutes at high pessue. I let it do a natural release on it’s own. I love the corned beef staight out of the Instant Pot. It is so tender and flavorful.
I dont’ like sauerkraut with my corned beef, I prefer cole slaw but if you are sauerkraut lover, go for it. My favorite way to eat corned beef is in the form of a Reuben Sandwich which usually is made up of rye bead (except when you can’t find it so you used sourdough), swiss cheese, Thousand Island dressing and coleslaw(or sauerkraut)
I like to toast my bread first. I add a little butter and sprinkle it with some of the powdered Parmesan cheese and place it under the broiler until the bread turns golden brown.
So either way, by itself or in a Reuben sandwich, coned beef done in the Instant Pot is easy and delicious and the perfect way to get you Irish on!
Printable Recipe for Corned Beef/Reuben Sandwich
Get the recipe for Slow Cooker Corned Beef here.
Instant Pot Corned Beef and Reuben Sandwich
- 3-4 lb. corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 canola oil
- salt to taste
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- Thousand Isalnd Dressing
- Sliced bread rye or sourdough
- powdered Parmesan cheese
- Place corned beef in Instant Pot on steamer shelf.
- Add in water and seasoning pack.
- Put lid on Instant Pot in locked position with vent set to "sealing".
- Pess Manual and then add 60 minutes of cooking time at high pressure.
- When finished cooking, allow a natural release.
- Remove corned beef and slice to serve.
For a Reuben Sandwich
- Combine vinegar, oil, sugar and salt and add to cole slaw. Stir to coat. Allow to sit fo a few minutes for liquid to absorb.
- Butter bead and spinkle with Parmesan cheese and place under broiler until golden brown.
- Added corned beef to one slice of prepared bead and top with Swiss cheese. Place under broiler and allow cheese to melt.
- Top with coleslaw and Thousand Island Dressing and other piece of bread.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.