White Chocolate Toffee Blondies Are the perfect way to get all the taste of a cookie but the ease and speed of a brownie. The flavor combination of white chocolate and toffee is perfection.
On Memorial Day we had a potluck BBQ with friends from church. We had spent the day playing and hiking so by the time we got home I didn’t have much time but to prepare the food I had told my friend I would bring. Because I am a bit of an overachiever I had offered to bring a salad and a dessert. The salad was no problem as I had made the salad dressing the day before. For once, I was planning ahead but I didn’t plan ahead on the dessert. When crunched for time, a bar cookie is always a good choice. Mix it up, put it in a pan and bake. No scooping or rolling.
Quick and Easy Dessert Idea
I usually make Butterscotch Blondies but since there were no butterscotch chips in my pantry but there was a bag of white chocolate chips guess what we ended up with!? I also uncovered a bag of forgotten toffee chips while searching for the white chocolate chips so I decided to add those in too, a good decision and an amazing flavor combination.
What is a Blondie?
A blondie is basically a brownie without the chocolate. They are a blonde brownie!
To make one:
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil to make removing the blondies easier. You can also use parchment paper.
- After you line it with foil or parchment paper don’t forget to spray it with some baking spray.
- Beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes.
If you are in a hurry like I was you can remove them and cut them while they are still warm.In fact, I rather recommend it. These bars are delicious cooled but they are amazing when they are warm and still a little gooey. I loved the flavor combination of the white chocolate chips and the toffee chips, a really good choice! They disappeared at the party because who can resist a warm cookie!
Some of my other favorite blondie recipes include:
White Chocolate Toffee Blondies
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cups toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil or parchment paper and then spray with baking spray.
- Combine butter and sugars. Beat until fluffy
- Add in eggs and vanilla
- Gradually add in flour and salt until blended.
- Mix in chips
- Spread batter into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a tooth pick comes out only slightly gooey.
- Cool and remove from pan by lifting up the foil.