Tex Mex Chicken Salad is the perfect combination of all your favorite Tex Mex flavors in a yummy satisfying salad.
We’ve enjoyed a few sunny and warmer days here in the Northwest. Now warmer for us is 60 degrees. A little sunshine and warmer temperatures always puts me in the mood for a good salad for dinner.
Today’s salad is a recipe I got from my sister in law. It has been in my pile of recipes for years and I have hung on to because I knew it was a good one since it came from my sister in law! I finally decided to put it to the test this week when I needed a quick and easy dinner. I was right, it is a good one.
- Lettuce. Use a combination of romaine and spring mix lettuce.
- Black Beans
- Tortilla Strips
- Chicken. I like to quickly cook my chicken breast in the microwave using this method. You can also use your Instant Pot to make perfect shredded chicken.
Tex Mex Salad Dressing
This Tex Mex salad has a yummy home made dressing that is made with a taco seasoning mix so the salad tastes just like a traditional taco salad but instead of hamburger this one has chicken.
How to Make Tex Mex Chicken Salad
- Combine dressing ingredients.
- In a bowl, add all salad ingredients except tortilla strips.
- Dress and toss with dressing.
- Garnish with tortilla strips.
For some other yummy main course salads try:
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos
Tex Mex Chicken Salad Recipe
Tex Mex Chicken Salad
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups cooked chicken cubed
- 6 cups lettuce romaine and spring mix
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- tortilla strips for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients and stir to mix.
- Set aside until ready to serve
- Combine all ingredients except for chips.
- Toss with dressing.
- Garnish with chips.