Raspberry coffee cake uses raspberry jam to make the perfect filling. This is perfect for any brunch or holiday breakfast.
I am going to let you in on a little secret today. The secret to the perfect Mother’s Day (well, maybe not perfect but better than usual!) The secret is to leave very specific hints, including recipes, for those items you’d like to be served on Mother’s Day for your family members. strategically place them around the house where they are sure to see them. I learned this years ago. Today’s recipe is one that you are going to want to print off and strategically leave somewhere. Possibly with a little note on it that says, “Make for mom, for Mother’s Day.” You are going to want to, trust me on this one.
Today’s recipe for Raspberry Jam Coffee Cake would be the perfect addition to any Mother’s Day Breakfast or Brunch.
This recipe is pretty easy and the beginning bakers in your house should be able to whip this together for you without much problem. Maybe a little help from dad may be required for some.
How to Make Raspberry Coffee Cake
I used a 9″ springform pan. Half of the batter goes in the bottom of the pan and then it is topped with raspberry jam.
Gently cover it with the rest of the batter and then sprinkle with the crumb topping and let it bake.
Like I said, it would be the perfect addition to your Mother’s Day breakfast or brunch and would be yummy for dessert after dinner too.
Now grab a fork and dig in!
Make sure to check out more of my favorite coffee cake recipes:
Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Raspberry Coffee Cake Recipe
Raspberry Coffee Cake
- 1/4 C flour
- 1/4 C packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp chilled butter cut into small pieces
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 C butter softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 egg
- 3/4 C buttermilk
- 4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 C raspberry preserves
- Mix together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter for crumb topping. Use a fork to mix until it forms small pebbles.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For cake, spray an 9 Inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together powdered sugar and butter and mix until well blended.
- Add in vanilla and eggs.
- Pour in milk and juice and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix until smooth.
- Spoon half of batter into bottom of pan, spread evenly.
- Top with raspberry jam.
- Top with remaining batter and spread lightly and evenly.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes and then remove sides of pan and continue to cool.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.