This post is sponsored by Bonne Maman but all opinions are 100% my own.
I am going to let you in on a little secret today. The secret to the perfect Mother’s Day (well, maybe not perfect but better than usual!) The secret is to leave very specific hints, including recipes, for those items you’d like to be served on Mother’s Day for your family members. strategically place them around the house where they are sure to see them. I learned this years ago. Today’s recipe is one that you are going to want to print off and strategically leave somewhere. Possibly with a little note on it that says, “Make for mom, for Mother’s Day.” You are going to want to, trust me on this one.
Today’s recipe for Raspberry Jam Coffee Cake would be the perfect addition to any Mother’s Day Breakfast or Brunch and you don’t have to drink coffee to enjoy coffee cake. I’m not a coffee drinker either! I prefer a nice cup of herbal tea.
Be sure and leave a jar of Bonne Maman Raspberry Preserves sitting out with the recipe so they know what to use!
Bonne Maman is always my preserve of choice. I love the fresh, delicious flavor and the fact that it is made in France and comes in a really cute jar doesn’t hurt either. Bonne Maman preserves are 100% natural and contain no High Fructose Corn Syrup, no additives or color, are gluten free, non GMO and Kosher!
This recipe is pretty easy and the beginning bakers in your house should be able to whip this together for you without much problem. Maybe a little help from dad may be required for some.
I used a 9″ springform pan. Half of the batter goes in the bottom of the pan and then it is topped with raspberry jam.
Gently cover it with the rest of the batter and then sprinkle with the crumb topping and let it bake.
Like I said, it would be the perfect addition to your Mother’s Day breakfast or brunch and would be yummy for dessert after dinner too.
Now grab a fork and dig in!
Bonne Maman would like to wish every Mom a very happy Mother’s Day and a chance to win a $3,000 Day Off! What Mom wouldn’t love that!! There is $2,000 for the winner and then a $1,000 for you to share with a friend. The giveaway goes until May 31st so hop on over there and enter.
- 1/4 C flour
- 1/4 C packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp chilled butter cut into small pieces
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 C butter softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 egg
- 3/4 C buttermilk
- 4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 C raspberry preserves
- Mix together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter for crumb topping. Use a fork to mix until it forms small pebbles.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For cake, spray an 9 Inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together powdered sugar and butter and mix until well blended.
- Add in vanilla and eggs.
- Pour in milk and juice and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix until smooth.
- Spoon half of batter into bottom of pan, spread evenly.
- Top with raspberry jam.
- Top with remaining batter and spread lightly and evenly.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes and then remove sides of pan and continue to cool.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.