This Starbucks Coffee Cake Recipe may just be better than the real thing! It’s the perfect addition to any brunch and is so good, you will be looking for a reason to invite over guests!
Cake Mix Coffee Cake
One of my favorite things about Easter is Easter Brunch. And one of my favorite brunch recipes is a good coffee cake. This Starbucks Coffee cake is the perfect easy brunch recipe. You start with a boxed yellow cake mix, which guarantees a moist cake. And the cake comes together in a snap. Perfect for a busy holiday.
I love how tender and light the base of the cake is. It is a perfect compliment to the heavier, crunchy, sugary topping! It’s my favorite part. Usually foods with streusel toppings never have enough streusel topping for my liking but this Starbucks Coffee Cake has the perfect cake to topping ratio!
How to Make Starbucks Coffee Cake
- Start with a yellow cake mix. Prepare it in a bowl following the package directions.
- Pour batter onto a greased baking pan and bake at 350 degrees until the center of the cake is just barely set.
- While it is baking, prepare the crumb topping by mixing together the butter, flour, cinnamon, brown sugar and vanilla with a mixer until crumbly.
- Immediately after cake is removed from oven, break the crumb topping into marble size pieces with fingers, sprinkling over the top of the cake.
- Return the cake to the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Everyone will love this coffee cake and you will love how easy it is to make.
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Starbucks Coffee Cake Recipe
Starbucks Coffee Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients on back of box)
- 1 cup salted butter cold, two sticks
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare cake mix in large bowl according to directions on box.
- Spray 9 x 13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until center is just barely set.
- While cake is baking, prepare crumb topping.
- In large bowl of electric mixer combine butter, flour, cinnamon, brown sugar and vanilla until all crumbly.
- Immediately after cake is removed from oven, break crumb topping into marble size pieces with fingers, sprinkling over top.
- Put back in oven and bake an additional 10-15 minutes (topping will begin to look a less less wet/raw) let cool fully then dust with powdered sugar using a sieve if desired.
- Cut into squares and serve.