Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is the perfect addition to your brunch menu. Layers of raspberry and cream cheese baked in a delicious cake and finished off with a crumb and slice almond topping.
We have lots of holiday traditions at our house. Tradition runs deep at the Wilkes household and I have learned that even though my children are now young adults I can’t ignore those long standing childhood traditions. Some of our favorites include our Breakfast with Santa, Christmas Eve fondue dinner, Christmas Day traditions and others. Our family even made the newspaper and the nightly news when someone tried to mess with one of our family traditions a few years ago!
Holiday Food Traditions
Food is an important part of those traditions and this Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is one I make every Christmas. It wouldn’t be Christmas without it. It is always a big hit at ant Christmas breakfast or brunch Is serve it at. and it has been a family and friend favorite for over 20 years.
You can also make it the day ahead and kept in the refrigerator.
How to make Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- Blend your flour and sugar with butter until a crumbly mixture forms. Set aside one cup of this mixture.
- Mix in remaining dry ingredients, sour cream, extract and egg.
- Spread this mixture on the bottom and up the sides of a springform pan. This recipe works best in a springform pan as it is easier to remove and serve the coffee cake.
- Fill with cream cheese mixture.
- Add a layer of raspberry jam.
- Sprinkle top with remaining crumb mixture combined with almonds.
- Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes. Allow to cool before serving. Will keep in the refrigerator for several days.
One thing I particularly love about this coffee cake is the almond flavor in the cake part – so yummy! The middle of the coffee cake is filled with a cream cheese mixture and then topped with raspberry jam and almonds.
You’ll be hoping for leftovers when you serve this! Just keep them stored in the refrigerator.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe
Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter chilled
- 1/2 tsp. each baking powder and baking soda
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4/ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup reserved crumb mixture
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan
- In a large bowl, combine flour and 3/4 cup sugar. Cut in butter suing a pastry blender or fork and work into coarse crumbs. Set aside 1 cup of crumb mixture.
- Into remaining crumb mixture, add baking powder, soda, salt, sour cream, 1 egg and almond extract. Blend Well.
- Spread batter over bottom and 2 inches up sides of pan. Batter should be about 1/4-inch thick on sides.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 egg and blend well. Pour over batter in pan. Carefully spoon preserves evenly over cheese filling.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1 cup reserved crumb mixture and sliced almonds. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 45 to 55 minutes, or until cream cheese filling is set and crust is golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Removes sides of pan. Serve warm or cool, cut into wedges.