It’s the 10th of the month which means another fabulous themed roundup from this talented bunch of bloggers! This month’s theme is pumpkin– recipes, crafts, and more. I love seeing how each blogger takes the theme and runs with it, and this month is no different. After you check out my pumpkin project, be sure to check out what everyone else is sharing as well!
1. Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins – Two Twenty One
2. Pumpkin Favor Bags – Eighteen 25
3. Printable Fall Tags & Pumpkin Cookies – Thirty Handmade Days
4. Dinner In A Pumpkin – Capturing Joy
5. Pumpkin Whoopie Pies – Or so she says…
6. Pumpkin Crumb Cake – Simply Kierste
7. Fresh Fall Pumpkin Garland – Landeelu
8. Tribal Inspired Pumpkins – The Crafted Sparrow
9. Wood Spindle Pumpkins – Lolly Jane
10. Pumpkin Walnut Cheesecake – Your Homebased Mom
Pumpkin season is definitely here. I have to admit that I don’t eat pumpkin pie. In fact, up until a few years ago I wasn’t much of a pumpkin fan but it is one of those flavors I have grown into in my old age. I now enjoy a lot of different pumpkin dishes but pumpkin pie just isn’t one of them unless it has been blended up in a milkshake! My favorite way to eat pumpkin pie is in the form of pumpkin pie ice cream. So I guess you could say I like pumpkin pie as long as there is ice cream involved.
Today I’ve got a yummy pumpkin cheesecake for you with a walnut streusel topping. If you aren’t a pie fan but still love pumpkin this pumpkin walnut cheesecake may be the perfect solution for your Thanksgiving menu. Even if you are a pie fan it is fun to change things up once in a while. Enjoy cheesecake instead of a pie. Live dangerously!!
For me I think it comes down to texture. I enjoy the flavor of pumpkin but just prefer the texture of the cheesecake over the pie.
I love the little extra sweetness the walnut streusel topping gives the cheesecake along with the added crunch.
- 1 C graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar packed
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 C whipping cream
- 1 C plus 3 Tbsp canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 C brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 C walnuts chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter softened
- Put oven rack in center of oven and a second rack on the lowest setting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Grease bottom of 9 inch springform pan
- In a bowl combined graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter until blended
- Press into bottom of springform and refrigerate
- In a mixer beat cream cheese, sugar and brown sugar together until smooth.
- Add eggs one a time, mix throughly between eggs
- Add whipping cream and beat for 3 minutes
- Add pumpkin, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- Beat for1 minute
- Pour into springform pan
- Place a jelly roll pan on bottom rack of oven. Fill with 1/2 inch of water.
- Bake cheesecake on center rack for 1 1/2 hours or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- While it is baking combine topping ingredients.
- When cheesecake is done, turn oven off.
- Sprinkle with topping and return to oven for an additional 1/2 hour.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!