Creamy pumpkin cheesecake with a walnut streusel topping is what makes this pumpkin walnut cheesecake one of a kind!
Fall is here! And for many people that means they have pumpkin pie on the brain! I have shared with you before my lack of love for pumpkin pie, but that doesn’t mean I don’t love a good pumpkin cheesecake! And this pumpkin walnut cheesecake is one of the best!
The pumpkin cheesecake alone is delicious, but the walnut streusel topping really makes this cheesecake one of a kind. If you are like me and aren’t a pie fan, this pumpkin walnut cheesecake may be the perfect solution for your Thanksgiving menu. And even if you are a pie fan, it is always fun to change things up once in a while. Serve cheesecake instead of pie. Or even serve both!
I enjoy the flavor of pumpkin but I prefer the creamy texture of the cheesecake over a traditional pumpkin pie.
I love the little extra sweetness the walnut streusel topping gives the cheesecake along with the added crunch.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 C graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar packed
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 C whipping cream
- 1 C plus 3 Tbsp canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 C brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 C walnuts chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter softened
- Put oven rack in center of oven and a second rack on the lowest setting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Grease bottom of 9 inch springform pan
- In a bowl combined graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter until blended
- Press into bottom of springform and refrigerate
- In a mixer beat cream cheese, sugar and brown sugar together until smooth.
- Add eggs one a time, mix throughly between eggs
Then add whipping cream and beat for 3 minutes
Finally, add pumpkin, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
Beat for 1 minute
- Pour into springform pan
- Place a jelly roll pan on bottom rack of oven. Fill with 1/2 inch of water.
- Bake cheesecake on center rack for 1 1/2 hours or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- While it is baking combine topping ingredients.
- When cheesecake is done, turn oven off.
- Sprinkle with topping and return to oven for an additional 1/2 hour.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.