One of the best parts of making pie crust is that you always have pie crust leftover! Use the leftovers to make Pie Fries which are flaky, tender and covered in cinnamon sugar.
To make your pie dough please follow my Perfect Pie Crust Tutorial.
How to Make Pie Fries
- Roll out dough onto a piece of parchment paper. Roll your dough out a little thicker than you would for a pie crust. This pastry is so tender and flaky that if they are too thin they will break when you try to remove them from the cookie sheet.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut out the size of fries that you’d like. I made mine about 3/4″ wide and 4″ long.
- Brush dough with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Transfer pie fries and parchment paper to a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven 10-12 minutes or until pie fries are golden brown around the edges.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Time will depend on thickness of fries.
- After pulling them out of the oven, run the pizza cutter through the dough on the previous cut lines again, while the dough is warm.
- Allow them to cool and then they are ready to eat!
I like to dip them into a little raspberry or strawberry jam. I had a container of jam in my freezer that hadn’t set up so it was perfect!
I am thinking a little nutella would be pretty amazing too!
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Try these other delicious recipes!
- 1 pie crust
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Roll out pie dough onto a floured surface.
- Roll out a bit thicker than you would for a pie.
- Cut into strips using a pizza cutter
- Brush with melted butter
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
- Bake in 350 oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Time will depend on thickness of fries.