Fire up the grill this weekend and try this delicious Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken. Honey mustard chicken is a recipe that everyone loves and grilling it outside makes it the perfect summer meal.
Many of my go to summer meals include a piece of meat and a yummy marinade. Especially when you don’t have to marinate the meat for too long, so you don’t have to remember or plan to far ahead. This honey mustard chicken is one of those great summer meals because no marinating is required. You just brush the honey mustard sauce on to the meat right on the grill.
Grilled honey mustard chicken is so easy you are going to find yourself making this recipe over and over again. I always keep frozen chicken breasts on hand and the sauce ingredients are pantry staples. The honey mustard sauce is a combo of honey mustard, molasses, vinegar, butter and hot sauce. You can totally leave the hot sauce out if you want but it really doesn’t add much heat, mainly flavor.
Start by salt and peppering your chicken breasts and mixing up your sauce.
Sear the chicken on both sides on your gril (about 2 minutes a side) and then cover with the honey mustard sauce. Close the grill and cook for about 5-8 minutes and then turn the chicken and baste the other side and continue to cook until chicken is cooked through, about another 5 minutes or so.
Then all I did was slice up the grilled honey mustard chicken and garnish with some chives for a little color.
Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken
- 1/2 cup honey mustard
- 3 Tbsp molasses
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 tsp chipotle hot sauce or regular hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- chives chopped for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Mix together honey mustard, molasses, vinegar, butter and hot sauce in a bowl.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brush grill with vegetable oil.
- Grill chicken on both sides for about 2 minutes per side.
- Brush with the honey mustard mixture, close the grill and cook for about 5-8 minutes.
- Flip chicken and brush mixture on other side. Continue cooking until chicken is cooked through, about 5 - 8 minutes.
- Remove to a cutting board and let rest before cutting.
Tips & Notes: