This Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken is amazing! One of my favorite slow cooker recipes.
Be sure and watch the video below to see how it is made.
On a busy day when you don’t want to cook, this Crockpot Sesame Chicken is so easy it will feel like you didn’t cook! Besides being easy it is also so delicious! The perfect family meal!
This recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken thighs. When using a crockpot, I am a big fan of using chicken thighs. They are inexpensive and more flavorful. And most importantly for the crockpot, they are moist. They won’t dry out the way a chicken breast can. But I know there are people who just don’t like chicken thighs so you can absolutely substitute chicken breasts in this recipe too.
How to Make Crockpot Sesame Chicken
The chicken gets put in the crock pot with a sauce of onion, garlic, honey ketchup, soy sauce, oil, and red pepper flakes.
Use 6-8 thighs or 4 breasts. You want about 2 pounds of meat.
Let it cook on low for 3-4 hours or 2 hours on high. Then remove the meat and shred it.
You are also going to use the sauce that is left in the pot.
Put the sauce into a sauce pan. Add in 1/3 C of water with 4 tsp cornstarch mixed in into the sauce pan. Stir to combine and then cook over medium high head for about ten minutes or until the sauce thickens.
Some of my other favorite crock pot recipes
My favorite kitchen tools to make CROCKPOT HONEY SESAME CHICKEN:
SLOW COOKER – My favorite one is the classic, the Rival CrockPot. In fact, I love it so much I own three of them. Two 6 qt and one 4 qt.
CROCK POT LINER BAGS – These liner bags are a life saver and make clean up so much easier and faster! Stock up on them!
HOLIDAY SLOW COOKER COOKBOOK – For more delicious slow cooker recipes check out my new cookbook – 100 recipes!
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Crockpot Sesame Chicken Recipe
Crockpot Sesame Chicken
- 8 chicken thighs boneless, skinless chicken thighs or2 chicken breasts (about 2 lbs total)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 C onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 C honey
- 1/4 C ketchup
- 1/2 C low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1/3 C water
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 green onions chopped
- Put chicken in crock pot. Season with salt and pepper
- In a bowl combine onion, garlic, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, oil and red pepper flakes.
- Pour over chicken
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 2 hours
- Remove chicken and shred.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch and water.
- Pour sauce in crock pot into a sauce pan and add in the cornstarch mixture.
- Stir to combine over medium heat. Cook for about 10 minutes or until thickened. Stirring often.
- Pour over chicken.
- Serve over rice
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.