Happy Muffin Monday! This week we have cinnamon swirl muffins.
What a whirlwind two weeks! Six Hairspray performances, 3 dress rehearsals, over 3,000 photos taken, 7 house guests (including my 3 Utah kids!), cast party, photography class taught, and a few other things. Busy but so fun! I can’t wait to share a few of those photos with you this week!
I made these Cinnamon Swirl Muffins twice this last week. They are like a coffee cake in muffin form.
I used my basic muffin recipe and tweeked it a bit, adding in some brown sugar and buttermilk. I also added a yummy brown sugar, cinnamon swirl mixture to it.
The first time I made them I just put the streusel mixture on top and swirled it in. Cali suggested they would be better if more of the streusel was in the middle of the muffin and on top so I took her suggestion and made them again – definitely better. Thanks Cali!
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 C flour
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C butter softened
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 C buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Combine brown sugar, butter, flour and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Use a pastry blender to incorporate butter into mixture until crumbly.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease muffin tin
- In a medium bowl combine sugars and butter and beat until fluffy.
- Add in eggs, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Stir in the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix just until blended.
- Do not over stir.
- Fill muffin tins with half of muffin mixture.
- Sprinkle half of Cinnamon Swirl mixture on top of batter.
- Fill muffin tins with remaining muffin mixture and top with remaining cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove to wire rack.
- Makes 1 dozen muffins
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.