Lemon Almond Muffins are a light and tender muffin with the zest of lemon, the crunch of almonds and a sweet lemon glaze over the top.
After announcing lemon season officially open a few weeks ago when I shared those yummy lemon blueberry scones I’ve been on a total lemon kick. I added lemon into this amazing Fresh Strawberry Cheesecake and the Instant Pot Chinese Lemon Chicken is a delicious savory dish with a touch of sweetness.
Lemon and blueberry is a favorite flavor combo of mine, but I have to admit I may have a new favorite. The lemon and almond combo in these muffins is pretty delicious.
These lemon almond muffins are topped with sliced almonds and then covered in a delicious lemon glaze for an amazing combo and the almonds not only look pretty but I love the texture it gives the muffin too.
Muffins are a perfect way to start the morning. Who doesn’t love waking up to the smell of something baking in the oven! When my kids were home we had Muffin Monday during the school year and I’d make a batch of muffins every Monday morning. My neighbors loved it too because we always shared. Everyone loved Muffin Monday! I stopped when my baby left home for college but maybe I should start it up again?!
My favorite kitchen items I used to make these LEMON ALMOND MUFFINS:
CUPCAKE/MUFFIN SCOOP – this scoop is the perfect size to make sure you can evenly sized muffins and cupcakes every time.
MICROPLANE ZESTER– this is the perfect tool for zesting lemons or limes. I use mine on a daily and weekly basis.
LEMON JUICE SQUEEZER – this is one of my most used kitchen tools. Nothing beats fresh squeezed lemon juice and this guy makes it so easy.
Lemon Almond Muffins Recipe
Lemon Almond Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon peel, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Mix together sour cream, oil, lemon peel, egg and extract in a bowl, stir just until blended.
- In another bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Gently stir flour mixture into wet ingredients. Do not over stir, Mix just until combined.
- Scoop into prepared muffin tin, sprinkle with almonds and bake fo 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes and then remove from tin and place on wire rack to glaze.
- Mix together powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth and a good drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm muffins. Serve warm.