We are loving quinoa at our house especially in light of our latest gluten free adventure. Quinoa is a nice alternative to rice and is so much better for you. It’s protein! I love how versatile it is too. It pretty much picks up the flavor of whatever you add to it.
Remember this Coconut Lime Rice Quinoa with a nice Asian flavor to it – so good! We also loved this Black Bean and Tomato Quinoa. Quinoa works great as a side dish but it can easily work as a main dish too. Especially when you add a little more protein into it with some chicken like today’s BBQ Chicken Quinoa Salad.
One of my favorite salads I get at California Pizza Kitchen is their BBQ Chicken Salad. Today’s recipe reminds me of that salad but it is on a bed of quinoa rather than lettuce.
This salad is a yummy combination of tomato, black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, cheddar cheese, chicken and a dressing made of BBQ sauce and Greek Yogurt. Pretty darn healthy!
This is a great dish to make when you ever leftover rotisserie chicken which helps it come together quickly and easily. So nice when clean eating can be pretty & delicious!
For other quinoa recipes try these:
BBQ Chicken Quinoa Salad
- 1 C quinoa rinsed
- 2 C chicken broth
- 1 1/2 C shredded chicken
- 1 C corn kernels
- 1/2 C black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 C chopped cilantro
- 1/2 C shredded medium cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/4 C plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 C BBQ Sauce plus extra to coat chicken
- Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh sieve under cold water.
- Combine with chicken broth in a pan and bring to a boil. Cover with lid and lower temperature and cook until quinoa is tender. About 15-20 minutes.
- Shred chicken. Coat in BBQ sauce.
- Mix together yogurt and 1/4 BBQ sauce.
- Place quinoa in bowl. Top with chicken, corn black beans, avocado, cheese.
- Top with yogurt/BBQ dressing.
- Garnish with cilantro
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.